"Millionaire in 10 weeks" thread

If you like trading, my indicators and Money Management Technique (Million $ climb), I suggest you register today and come chat with us.
Nevi

Re: Russell Data

Post by Nevi »

My preference is to use continuous but unadjusted data for testing.
The reason is we never trade through a rollover, so there isn’t any need to back-adjust the previous contract prices to values they never traded at.

We are OK with the M2K and RTY contracts, we can download that data as continuous and unadjusted using
@M2K=106XN
@RTY=106XN

But for more history with the TF contract, Tradestation only have the continuous back-adjusted symbol available.
@TF
I am still waiting to hear from Data Integrity before making a decision on how much of that data is reliable.

Question on using Renko data, what is the largest size Renko bar worth considering?
It appears a .3 Renko has about 7 times as many bars as a .6 Renko on the same data.
Merlin
Site Admin

Re: "Millionaire in 10 weeks" thread

Post by Merlin »

Nevi wrote:Question on using Renko data, what is the largest size Renko bar worth considering?
It appears a .3 Renko has about 7 times as many bars as a .6 Renko on the same data.
Personally, the more bars the better for entries so I use a 0.1 Renko on the left side and on the right side I use 0.4 pt Renko to fit the entire trading day in one screen.
Aug16.gif
Nevi

Post by Nevi »

Custom Session Deleted.gif
Custom Session Deleted.gif (17.9 KiB) Viewed 3359 times
When opening your workspace !0103-Renko the Custom Session gets deleted
I’ve tried identical custom sessions on two machines and Tradestation still rejects them when transferring workspaces to the other machine.
Nevi

Post by Nevi »

Update Value Intra-Bar.gif
Update Value Intra-Bar.gif (28.99 KiB) Viewed 3358 times
The indicators you uploaded all have Update Value Intra-Bar checked, you can uncheck them because Renko testing and signals will all be end of bar.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Nevi wrote:
Custom Session Deleted.gif
When opening your workspace !0103-Renko the Custom Session gets deleted
I’ve tried identical custom sessions on two machines and Tradestation still rejects them when transferring workspaces to the other machine.
That's because I use version 9.1 and not 9.5 of TS. When 9.5 came out a few years ago, people were bitching so much about all the bugs that I didn't want to upgrade. I tried downloading it and installing it recently but it crashed on install and since I am leaving TS, I decided to stick with the 9.1 version so that could be why the desktop crash or is not compatible.

Anyway, most people here will follow me and use MultiCharts w/ EasyLanguage so if you want to stick with TS then you will have to recreate the workspace based on the screenshot I posted above. There is not much to it, just 2 charts side by side, one with 0.1 pt renko bars and the 2nd chart with 0.4 pt renko bars, my 2 clouds and my 2 MA indicators that I posted in the download section.

Thanks for the Intra-bar tip.
Nevi

Post by Nevi »

I’ve made a modification to the cloud indicator to get the Renko Bricks to show on top of the clouds.
Have a look, see what you think.
It requires hiding the Renko Price Data and plotting the Price Values in the form of a Renko Brick.
I added BrickWidth (0 to 6) as an input to make adjusting widths easier.
Make Price Data Invisible.gif
Make Price Data Invisible.gif (35.51 KiB) Viewed 3357 times
Renko Bricks plotted over the cloud.gif
Where do we post the code, here or in the Download Section?
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Also don't forget that at TS, the intraday margin for the Micro Russell (M2K) is NOT $25 like with my new broker, it's 25% of $358 so that makes it about $90 which is almost 4 times more than what I will need to double my M2K contract.

In other words, you will need to make 18 pts of profit instead of just 5 like me to double your M2K contract.

You sure you want to stay with TS? That's the reason why I'm leaving. Also because my new broker only ask for $100 to open a new trading account so you might want to open an account there while you stay at TradeStation.

Just my 2 cents. ;)

Btw, if I check this "Make Price Data Invisible" checkbox, the entire Renko bars disappear.
Nevi

Post by Nevi »

Merlin wrote:That's because I use version 9.1 and not 9.5 of TS.
I’m still on 9.1 myself.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Nevi wrote:
Merlin wrote:That's because I use version 9.1 and not 9.5 of TS.
I’m still on 9.1 myself.
Yeah, I remember that many EasyLanguage code of already working indicators was corrupted and had to be re-written to fit 9.5. I mean WTF is that?

Now my EL code is super simple as you know but others had 100s of lines of code to fix and that pissed off A LOT of people. :lol:

Btw, have you had the chance to trade with my 2 clouds indicator yet? Do you see some value to it? Personally that's the best indicator I have found to find the trend and retracements and I've seen a lot of there in 14 years.
Nevi

Post by Nevi »

I’m going to post the code with the modified plot section, but where are we meant to post it.
Here or in the download Section