"Millionaire in 10 weeks" thread

If you like trading, my indicators and Money Management Technique (Million $ climb), I suggest you register today and come chat with us.
Merlin
Site Admin

Re: "Millionaire in 10 weeks" thread

Post by Merlin »

Nevi wrote:Unfortunately it’s Not Profitable
Well of course it's not profitable? It enters in LONG entries when the clouds are blue. What were you thinking?

Also, they should NOT be below the light blue cloud, all entries should be ABOVE the darkest blue cloud.
Start001.gif
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Same one here but on the Long side. Entries should all be below the dark gray cloud.
Start002.gif
Nevi

Post by Nevi »

A couple more notes on the Million Axis strategy
I did try reversing the direction of the trades from their signals but the side I published was the better.
The idea of placing the stops at the far side of the cloud was to avoid the easy picking area of 1 tick below the bar which the bots go for.
Targets of waiting till the Renko bars reversed, vs. exiting at a percent of the previous swing came out about the same.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Nevi wrote:I did try reversing the direction of the trades
What do you mean? You tried going against the trend direction??
Nevi

Post by Nevi »

When there is a pivot high I am selling, going against the trend direction simply means, buying in that situation.

There are four entries
L1 white cloud
S1 blue cloud

L2 blue cloud
S2 white cloud

You can comment out the entries ending in 2 and change the cloud settings till the entries are further out, but my testing didn’t do very well out there.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Nevi wrote:...but my testing didn’t do very well out there.
Exactly so please do us a favor and try to create a strategy that enters ONLY where I have drawn my 2 green circles above otherwise you are wasting both our time here.
Nevi

Post by Nevi »

The problem is the drawings on the chart are not mechanically defined, above the cloud is a very broad definition.
Price could pierce the top of the cloud for one or two bars in a single pivot, other times price is completely above the cloud for hours at a time with dozens of pivots and reversals.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Nevi wrote:above the cloud is a very broad definition.
If C[1] > O[1] And C < O and C[1] > Midline4 Then
ShortSell 1 contract next bar at market;

So as soon as the previous white bar (C[1] > O[1]) goes above the highest cloud (MidLine4) and then goes back down as a blue bar (C < O), you enter Short, is that so hard to figure out?
Nevi

Post by Nevi »

One more detail,
Does that mean you only want to take the first occurrence of white to blue after crossing above Midline4
or does it mean as long as you’re above Midline4 every white to blue pivot is a valid short?
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Nevi wrote:Does that mean you only want to take the first occurrence of white to blue after crossing above Midline4
or does it mean as long as you’re above Midline4 every white to blue pivot is a valid short?
Well that's the whole point of this last research segment where I added green/yellow/red lines and tried all sorts of indicators to be able to find the very last white-blue reversal pivot but the thing is, we will never know if the price will crash back down and give us our 5 pts or go back up to make higher pivots.

So far, I reduced it to 3 entry points, 1 per line color but it can still give me a pivot in the green zone, another one in the yellow and another one in the red after that or it could even do all 3 pivots and still continue to climb and turn the dark cloud from blue to gray and now we're fucked. :evil:

If you can suggest any ideas to find the best pivot, please do so.