"Millionaire in 10 weeks" thread

If you like trading, my indicators and Money Management Technique (Million $ climb), I suggest you register today and come chat with us.
Merlin
Site Admin

Re: "Millionaire in 10 weeks" thread

Post by Merlin »

Nevi wrote:I’m going to post the code with the modified plot section, but where are we meant to post it.
Here or in the download Section
You can post it in the download section but the modification is so minor, I don't see the point.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Ok I see what you did. The price bars change color along the way.

Thanks for the ELD. :SupNap:

Have you inserted it into a strategy yet?
Nevi

Post by Nevi »

Merlin wrote:Have you inserted it into a strategy yet?
Not yet, but it shouldn’t be too hard since you’ve done a lot of the work on the indicators,
I may not get to it before Monday, I have a lot on my plate right now.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Nevi wrote:I may not get to it before Monday, I have a lot on my plate right now.
Do you program systems for other people?
Nevi

Post by Nevi »

Merlin wrote:Do you program systems for other people?
I’m not proficient enough at OOEL to be a programmer.
Over the years I’ve helped people with coding, but I don’t charge anything for it.
Nevi

Post by Nevi »

Working on a strategy,
I was beginning with the Merlin_2Clouds code, on a @M2K Renko 0.3 chart.
Looking for estimates or suggestions for
Commissions, Slippage, Profit Target and Stop Loss.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Nevi wrote:Working on a strategy,
I was beginning with the Merlin_2Clouds code, on a @M2K Renko 0.3 chart.
Looking for estimates or suggestions for
Commissions, Slippage, Profit Target and Stop Loss.
Margins with my new broker: https://www.ampfutures.com/trading-info/margins/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Commissions with my new broker: https://portal.ampclearing.com/account/ ... quote.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Slippage: 1 tick per side
Profit Target: So far it's 5.2 pts but I hate to leave on the table all the profit on these 25+ pt days.
Stop Loss: I am using a 0.2 pt Renko chart for entries so 1 tick below the entry bar for exits would make it 3 ticks.

I'm also working on a strategy for my Trading System but right now, it's mainly focused on finding ways to remove all those failed entries shown in red circles when the price drops under a cloud. The 2 parallel lines that you see there are from a Keltner Channel.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated here... since to me, that's the last piece of the puzzle. After that, we are all rich. :lol:
FailedEntries.gif
Nevi

Post by Nevi »

I found a problem with these Renko Bars
This example just happened tonight
Price jumped from 1510.20 to 1511.00 in one tick and the Renko bars plotted 6 green bars in the gap.
Those bars are listed as having a closing price, yet there were no trades in any of them.

It's would be extremely difficult to write a synthetic Renko indicator to overlay on tick data to compare the prices, when in one tick Renkos can insert half a dozen ghost bars.
Renko .1  1 tick move.gif
No trades in any of the bars between the yellow circles.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Nevi wrote:I found a problem with these Renko Bars
This example just happened tonight
Price jumped from 1510.20 to 1511.00 in one tick and the Renko bars plotted 6 green bars in the gap.
Those bars are listed as having a closing price, yet there were no trades in any of them.
Yeah I know and that problem has been fixed in MultiCharts, the new charting software I use with my new broker. TS still have this flaw but with the other software, you can uncheck those "fake bars" and they disappear form the chart.

What you can do in backtesting with TS is to use Kase bars, they are reliable or you could switch to Multicharts too it's a lot similar to TS because the programmers of MC left TS to create MC. :lol:
Nevi

Post by Nevi »

So what happens in Multicharts when you turn off the ghost bars?
is there a gap in the bricks to keep prices aligned with the right axis?
What was most concerning, is that after reading the only reliable price on Renkos is the close, to then find that some of the close prices aren’t reliable either.

I’m not sure, Kase bars might be workable, of the alternative bar types the only one I know for sure that doesn’t artificially fill are Range bars, they’re kind of a cross between alternative bars, and the tick and volume bar types.

Multicharts is on the horizon, but I wasn’t planning to go there until I start teaching my kids the trade.