My paramotor thread

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
wireman

Re: My paramotor thread

Post by wireman »

Merlin Maybe the air traffic tower can and warn the others.
Oh yeah they notice and warn any aircraft if you are over so many K feet when in the vicinity.High fliers cold and oh yeah O2 is at a premium.Reserve chute good move, never needed to use but!!

I've not done a HALO jump either special technique for O2..Pricey outside of the Mil..

Got to admit you picked a great hobby-great time up their- jumps are over so quick,but thrilling.

wireman Cheerz
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

wireman wrote:Got to admit you picked a great hobby-great time up their- jumps are over so quick,but thrilling.
Yeah too quick for my taste.

Even wingsuit which gives you some lift so you don't fall straight down are over after a few minutes and that's when they climb to very tall mountains like the Alps in Europe. So 1 day of climbing for a 5 minute jump. No thanks.

I thought about doing wingsuit with a paramotor on my back so that you fall with it and then when you pull the chute, you turn on the engine and you fly back where you started 2 minutes later. :lol:

I like the safe side of paramotor because there you start on the ground with the chute already open so no fear of not seeing it open when you pull the cord. And since you have a chute or paraglider on your back, if the engine stops, you glide slowly to the ground.

To add even more safety, I found this Agama water rescue thing that you can hook to your paramotor in case you fall in the water so that you float and not sink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKMqCfbmiX0[/youtube]

It worked for this guy... :?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLjhQztsiMk[/youtube]

You can hear it inflating 3 seconds after he entered the water at 02:10.

Merlin
wireman

Post by wireman »

Merlin - I found this Agama water rescue thing that you can hook to your paramotor in case you fall in the water so that you float and not sink.[/quote
:o wow gives new meaning to the terms--hey I was just testing the waters- :lol: or--just trying to get my feet wet!! 8-)

Oh yeah you most definitely gotta have this sucker.. 8-) :lol: ..Did he run out of fuel? :?

Moral here-hmm- you want to surf-get a surfboard!! :roll: Great backup systems -redundancy here of a sorts.. :D

If it's a demo for the system-it worked as stated.Definitely a must have for water flyovers and attempting to " look for sunken treasure along the coast."

wireman Cheerz :D
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

wireman wrote:Did he run out of fuel? :?
No he just started doing aerobatic maneuvers above the water :roll: (dumbass) and went too close to the water and his propeller touched the water.

If you want my opinion, he was looking for trouble and he found some. You don't do this kinda stuff when you are 1 mile away from the beach and drop so close to the water.

Like my father said, your learn with words or kicks in the ass, well now we know which one this guys is learning from. :?

Paramotors are not meant to do aerobatic maneuvers, they are there to help us fly. If you want to do aerobatic maneuvers, you will pay the price one day and may not come back alive next time.

Merlin
tashi2.0

Post by tashi2.0 »

And literally how high can we go with paramotor?
And flying a paramotor do we need blowing wind. I mean can the paramotor fly even when there is no wind blowing ,no leaves of the trees are moving.
one more question. can we fly the paramotor from planes like near the beach or from a park or we need a high place like cliff top to fly a paramotor.?
i am literally very curious n surely will try this once i have enough money.lolz
tashi
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

tashi2.0 wrote:And literally how high can we go with paramotor?
And flying a paramotor do we need blowing wind. I mean can the paramotor fly even when there is no wind blowing ,no leaves of the trees are moving.
one more question. can we fly the paramotor from planes like near the beach or from a park or we need a high place like cliff top to fly a paramotor.?
i am literally very curious n surely will try this once i have enough money.lolz
tashi
You can fly as high as you have air to breathe so about 18 000 feet. You don't jump from planes you start on the ground and fly up by running about 50 feet if there is no wind on the ground to get enough lift then the propeller takes care of the rest.

Watch this video again. Very easy to take off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlbQ0xbbpOQ[/youtube]

Merlin
tashi2.0

Post by tashi2.0 »

Merlin wrote:
tashi2.0 wrote:And literally how high can we go with paramotor?
tashi
You can fly as high as you have air to breathe so about 18 000 feet. You don't jump from planes you start on the ground and fly up by running about 50 feet if there is no wind on the ground to get enough lift then the propeller takes care of the rest.

Watch this video again. Very easy to take off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlbQ0xbbpOQ[/youtube]

Merlin
pinch me merlin :shock: . literally no wind is blowing?? still can't beleive my eyes. n he took off from plane ground right!!??
its like an aeroplane. why didn't wright brothers thought of this first instead of desiging there first aeroplane??
tashi
wireman

Post by wireman »

Merlin- Very easy to take off.
It's just up-up and away!!And no worry about tangled lines or shroud phuk-ups? How easy and enjoyable could it be.

wireman Cheez :!:
SunnySeize

Post by SunnySeize »

I JUMPED ON THE BAN WAGON WITH THIS ONE MERLIN! I'M LOOKING TO EXPERIENCE THIS ULTIMATE RUSH! :o

IT'S CALLED FLYBOARDING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aarqb27pMA8[/youtube]
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Love this beautiful video.

Watch it full screen on HD, the colors of the trees and the flight just above the stream is worth it.

Merlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7GRvVgMT6Y[/youtube]