My paramotor thread

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
wireman

Re: My paramotor thread

Post by wireman »

Merlin Ay,

Was looking for more, ---crazy bastard trying to water ski :lol:
Nice trip he took though..Much different point of view, pueblo was a plus..park has lots of no-nos, you get the third degree going into the park,as well. Check your vehicle out to,no weapons allowed.. :evil:

wireman :SupNap:
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

wireman wrote:park has lots of no-nos
True but what a crazy trip huh? I mean just by watching you almost need a barf bag with all their swinging left and right hehe.

Gotta watch this clip again later on. Way too cool.

Merlin
wireman

Post by wireman »

Merlin Ay,
Oh yeah that crazy swinging near the cliffs--as well, that wild swinging down low..

fly that paramotor, fly boy..flying through that arch,near that pueblo was cool ,great ,

did you ever discuss the range of flight time ?

wireman :SupNap:
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

wireman wrote:did you ever discuss the range of flight time ?
I heard about 2 hrs per tank of 1 gallon I think. You can add a 2nd tank but 2 hours on this thing should be enough.

Merlin
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

I like this guy's videos, lots of different povs during flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUt_x31AtuQ[/youtube]

Paramotorist 1 : Dog 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quObDbG9Qxo[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbTUE7afCHQ[/youtube]

Merlin
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Another cool one because it tells everyone how safe this sport is. Many think that if the engine stops, you crash on the ground like planes do but this sport is done with a parachute and it starts on the ground and not inside an airplane so if you turn off the engine, you just slowly glide towards the ground and you can turn it back on and then continue your flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9TLKakC6Tk[/youtube]

Merlin
wireman

Post by wireman »

Merlin A Canadian, shows another Canadian floating around 1000feet in the air- so if u turn off the engine, you just slowly glide towards the ground and you can turn it back on and then continue your flight.

:lol: :lol: Kool ride!! The other rides, were also great, but for sure we weren't in Kansas anymore. :D Yes the opportunities are there for endless unparallelled rides. at some cool spots anywhere on the globe.

BTW Grand Canyon ,one of the sides,North? no longer accepts cash in dollars, Credit cards only..Someones must have had hands in the till..Happens here in the lower 48 all the time,lady nearby made off w/ 100k in cash- Gov job. 8-) Vegas??bound!!

Thanx for these vids -you damn sure do not want to go down like a plane..I've told the story before of one of my older friends,EAA-- finishes his build -on take-off-crashes and burns, in the air 5 minutes..maybe..3 years in the build..Did you have to do a build to get yr A&P?

wireman Cheerz and :SupNap:
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

wireman wrote:Did you have to do a build to get yr A&P?
A&P???
wireman

Post by wireman »

Merlins like WTF A&P???
Airframe--Powerplant--license/certificate!!My younger Brah, has it and got in another trade
We have another scorcher here today,need to find a big dollar office job, again, nah..I like the outdoors.. :D 8-) Have a good one mon ami!!.. :SupNap:

Wireman Cheerz
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

wireman wrote:
Merlins like WTF A&P???
Airframe--Powerplant--license/certificate!!
Oh yeah that's right. I should know I got my Aeronautics College Diploma. :roll:

Then again, that was in 1991 so pardon my Alzheimer. ;)

I tried to be a pilot but was 135th out of 6,000 people and they took the first 120. :roll: So I went into mechanics but never really liked it, I always wanted to fly and with these paramotors, not only it's 10s of 1000s less costly to buy one, you can put your "backpack airplane" in the trunk of your car and fly where ever you want to. Just park on the side, put it al together and fly away just like Dell does here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlbQ0xbbpOQ[/youtube]

Merlin