Science tries to catch up...a little

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
James Sawyer

Science tries to catch up...a little

Post by James Sawyer »

I follow some TED discussions because they tend to be interesting. I noticed a new talk about stress that supposedly is going against well-accepted knowledge over the past 50 years or so that stress is not good for the health. The speaker here is arguing that it is not the stress itself that is detrimental to our health our thinking of it.

We could probably help them out and tell them that it is the underlying 'belief' that stress causes poor health, aging, etc. It is that belief that causes these things and seeps into daily thoughts. You can try to alter conscious thoughts but not much will change without changing underlying beliefs :? That's why most stress management techniques and seminars have a limited effectiveness.

Here is the description of the TED talk:

"Stop stressing about stress! Psychologist Kelly McGonigal shares new research showing that it's our thinking about stress, rather than stress itself, that affects our health. In other words, if you think stress will kill you... it just might."

Here is the link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tedtalks/ ... 20Weekends
Jdeadevil

Re: Science tries to catch up...a little

Post by Jdeadevil »

"How to make stress your friend" .. Why would you want it to be your friend? I genuinely can't think of any benefits of being stressed. But yeah, again, they're saying "Think" not "Believe" so they're still behind a little bit.
James Sawyer

Post by James Sawyer »

Jdeadevil wrote:"How to make stress your friend" .. Why would you want it to be your friend? I genuinely can't think of any benefits of being stressed. But yeah, again, they're saying "Think" not "Believe" so they're still behind a little bit.
I think they mean to think about stress in a different way so that you are not harmed by it. A bit like the concept of cognitive restructuring in psychology when people are encouraged to change patterns of negative thinking. So they'd be encouraged to say things like 'it's only temporary' and that 'it makes you sharp and vigilant', etc.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

James Sawyer wrote:Here is the description of the TED talk:

"Stop stressing about stress! Psychologist Kelly McGonigal shares new research showing that it's our thinking about stress, rather than stress itself, that affects our health. In other words, if you think stress will kill you... it just might."
For myself, I stopped reading scientific journals or watch videos like TED because they seem to be cutting edge but in fact they are WAYYYYY behind.

Even Bruce Lipton is light years ahead and Lipton himself is WAYYYY behind us here. It will take DECADES for the mass to catch up with Lipton and then more decades for the mass to find a way to think that ADDING new positive beliefs is just 10% of the job and the other 90% is the REMOVAL of the old limiting beliefs

This will sound strange but without us here, the ONLY hope that I have regarding the LOA is from Joe Vitale because he know from The Secret that the LOA works and because so many people failed with it, he probably received a shit load of negative comments making him think of the reason why the LOA fail (just to make some more cash I guess :roll: ) and now discovered those limiting beliefs and is trying different techniques to remove them.

In his ZERO LIMITS books he talked about EFT or Tapping which is a technique to remove 1 by 1 a limiting beliefs and the same with Ho' Oponopono which is also another cleaning technique but they both suck and he probably knows about it but still if he keep on looking, he will find subliminals and VOILA, he will be close to where we are and with his millions and his knowledge of marketing, he will hit the jackpot.

The change will NOT come from TED speakers and doctors, it will come from MARKETING like The Secret did but the technique will better be kick ass because the term LOA has been burned and laughed at these days thanks to the failure of The Secret so goo luck Joe. :lol:

I have another way to tell the world about it but I will keep it to myself for now.

Merlin
plg

Post by plg »

Well, I listen to Ted talk when I want to kill time too. I think stress, just like 'cancer' are overly promoted in our society. Everytime you go anywhere, you hear about cancer. Cancer pops up in movies, fundraising campaigns, newspaper articles, bus stop conversations...Nowadays somebody sneezes and he thinks he might have cancer :roll: No wonder cancer cases are skyrocketing. I tried not to be affected but it's hard when everything around you keeps dumping negative beliefs onto you all the freaking times.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

plg wrote:Everytime you go anywhere, you hear about cancer. Cancer pops up in movies, fundraising campaigns, newspaper articles, bus stop conversations...
Yeah it's a BIG BIG BUSINESS. One that I would love to crush using NAPs because if Lipton is right and beliefs changes DNA then the world has a simple and free cure to use and I'm not even talking about the other cures like high vibration that I talked about in another thread or the Cesium cure that Dr. Brewer used to cure 30 patients out of ...30 in the 80s. It's kinda ironic don't you think that they Government know about a cancer cure for over 25 years but nobody knows about it. Image

http://pubmed.gov/6522424" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

According to MT, when my brother took some his tumor went from 82 mm to 41 mm. He went to the doc and said that his seizures have stopped and the docs couldn't believe it. Then of course feeling invincible he stopped taking it and many years later he went back to 112 mm and back then it was too late.

He had at least 3-4 cures including surgery and tossed them all aside so when it's your time to go, it's your time and there is NOTHING you can do to change that except maybe shifting yourself to another time track so that he decides to live but that's another story.

Merlin
James Sawyer

Post by James Sawyer »

Merlin wrote: The change will NOT come from TED speakers and doctors, it will come from MARKETING like The Secret did but the technique will better be kick ass because the term LOA has been burned and laughed at these days thanks to the failure of The Secret so goo luck Joe. :lol:

I have another way to tell the world about it but I will keep it to myself for now.
Looking forward to it, Merlin. Vitale is actually quite close but it remains to be seen how he will market his new insights when so many are pissed off at The Secret. I'm surprised that Lipton hasn't gone much further since his Biology of Beliefs book. I listen to some of his videos on occasion but it doesn't look like he's taking his ideas further :? He doesn't even have any real concrete ways for people to change their beliefs.
plg wrote:.........I think stress, just like 'cancer' are overly promoted in our society. Everytime you go anywhere, you hear about cancer........ I tried not to be affected but it's hard when everything around you keeps dumping negative beliefs onto you all the freaking times.
I agree. I remember reading for a guy who was really opposed to the prostate cancer campaigns called 'Movember' where a bunch of guys grow a mustache to collect money :roll: He said that prostate cancer rates will skyrocket the way breast cancer rates became 1 in 8 over the past couple of decades of aggressive pink fundraising.

He was attacked viciously about being unscientific and wanting to keep men in the dark. Well, guess what? Prostate cancer rates are increasing the way breast cancer rates did and are doing.

I try to ignore them too because this inevitability that is hidden behind the whole 'check yourself' thing is implanting negative beliefs that it is something that happens to everyone.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

James Sawyer wrote:He said that prostate cancer rates will skyrocket the way breast cancer rates became 1 in 8 over the past couple of decades of aggressive pink fundraising.
Yes of course.

Beliefs create the reality that you see and a belief is just a mix of a thought (ex: think of prostate or breats cancer now) and an emotion (ex: I don't want to die from that disease) and VOILA, you just implanted a new negative limiting belief in your SM who will what?...hehe attract the disease to you of course. :twisted:

People will learn about this, but it will take something BIG to make them learn about this BEFORE they kill themselves first.

Success is like a virus so has long as a technique works, that's all you need to make it spread. So if Vitale finds something that can REALLY remove those limiting beliefs then FINE! he will deserve all the billions he will make from it.

Merlin
James Sawyer

Post by James Sawyer »

Merlin wrote: Beliefs create the reality that you see and a belief is just a mix of a thought (ex: think of prostate or breats cancer now) and an emotion (ex: I don't want to die from that disease) and VOILA, you just implanted a new negative limiting belief in your SM who will what?...hehe attract the disease to you of course. :twisted:
Exactly. You'll find a bunch of late night adverts talking about people of a certain age being at high risk for this or that. Just so they could sell pills. I'm always shaking my head at how the middle aged, those above 50, are scared shitless of all these diseases and probably getting them too.

If Vitale is successful in completely removing all negative beliefs (before us, that is :lol: ), he will, indeed, deserve those billions.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

James Sawyer wrote:If Vitale is successful in completely removing all negative beliefs (before us, that is :lol: ), he will, indeed, deserve those billions.
You may laugh but I was thinking of sending him the NAPs technique so that he could get the credit or at least the spotlight because not only he knows about marketing so millions of people will learn about it from him rapidly and because of his appearance in The Secret, many LOA fans still love him and trust him.

Again, I'm not here for money or fame so if someone comes in and tells the world about a technique that REALLY WORKS then why not tell them. The message will move A LOT faster this way rather then waiting for many LOA forum to try NAPs.

Once again, the problem with The Secret is NOT that they charge people about it but because the technique DOES NOT WORK. If it would have worked then $30 is a nice bargain to attract whatever you want.

Merlin