Tree Trunk Carving and other 'shoved-in-your-face' stories

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
Jdeadevil

Tree Trunk Carving and other 'shoved-in-your-face' stories

Post by Jdeadevil »

I think a few people here will know what I'm talking about, but I have to rant about something. I'd love to call this bullshit but I doubt it actually is. At most there's probably something that makes it sound slightly less impossible.

This link..
http://www.viralnova.com/tree-trunk-carving/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Personally I'm uncomfortable with seeing this constantly on Facebook. I don't know if it's just the people I happened to bump into on the Internet, but it seems being a right-brained hippy artist is massively encouraged more than anything these days. Look at this person who made their own home out of a pile of shit they found in a skip, look at this person who's living off the grid, look at this person who made this mechanical device, look at this person who used their imagination (which is much better than yours) to create something cool. It's getting quite boring really, mainly due to the fact all some people want is happiness within themselves and their life situation. At one time I was offered a free little course in decorating old furniture, by a company who then sold them on. But that's the thing, that stuff just doesn't appeal to me. Yes I like nice Art, being good at drawing digitally and on paper is on the list of NAPs I want to do eventually, but when it comes to living, I don't want to live inside a giant LSD trip with flowers everywhere and old gothic banisters on every staircase and walls made out of something cheap and unstable.

Disgusts me how people have to make viral pretty much every story where someone rubs their "alternate lifestyle" in everyone's faces. Facebook is prominent for people rubbing their lifestyle in other peoples' face, but it's getting pathetic now where every time someone logs into Facebook they're forced to see philosophical statements by Buddhist monks, pictures of homes people have built and stories about the evil US/UK government.

Seriously am I going mad, because I don't admire this kinda thing? I need to sort my reality out.
Merlin
Site Admin

Re: Tree Trunk Carving and other 'shoved-in-your-face' stories

Post by Merlin »

Jdeadevil wrote:Seriously am I going mad, because I don't admire this kinda thing? I need to sort my reality out.
No, you are not getting mad because you don't admire this kinda thing, you are just going mad, that's all. ;)

Just kidding with ya. :lol:

Merlin
Jdeadevil

Post by Jdeadevil »

Hahaha,

I was gonna say, you'd be like the mad scientist for coining NAPs. :lol:
Idealistic

Post by Idealistic »

Every dickhead is allowed to live their life however they want, And rub it in whoevers faces they want.

Just like you're allowed to live your life however you want, and decide that you don't want to see it, or decide not to be bothered by it when you do.

C'mon dude. This is a pretty small thing to get so worked up over.
Jdeadevil

Post by Jdeadevil »

Idealistic wrote:Every dickhead is allowed to live their life however they want, And rub it in whoevers faces they want.

Just like you're allowed to live your life however you want, and decide that you don't want to see it, or decide not to be bothered by it when you do.

C'mon dude. This is a pretty small thing to get so worked up over.
:evil:
smilingbudha

Post by smilingbudha »

I think you recognize how hard or how much effort it went into creating that... and its irritating you because you aren't there yet...
Yup you are jealous :D
Jdeadevil

Post by Jdeadevil »

smilingbudha wrote:I think you recognize how hard or how much effort it went into creating that... and its irritating you because you aren't there yet...
Yup you are jealous :D
That's the whole point of my post, I don't want to be there. I just don't see why everybody should feel peer-pressured into admiring work from directions which they don't lead. I mean yeah, it's good and it took four years.. But.. Some people just like different things and I just don't think it's right..

But! I'll stop with this. Evidently nobody wants to empathise at least a little. :lol: