Closing down the forum?

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
Merlin
Site Admin

Closing down the forum?

Post by Merlin »

This forum has been created for 2 purposes:

1- Testing NAPs

2- Chatting with other members.

A forum is a mirror of its members but looks like you don't like to talk anymore these days.

If nobody wants to chat then let me know and I will simply close down the shop and put this forum out of its misery.

I mean yes we are testing NAPs in the SM and LOA forum but don't you want to chat and discuss other things with the others?

As for me I will continue to test my NAPs whatever happens in the next few days, weeks and months and whether this forum is closed or not.

So it's now up to you. If you are just here for the NAPs then we can continue our tests by email or if instead you want to talk with others, then I suggest you start some threads on whatever you would like to discuss with the others.

Cheers,

Merlin
James Sawyer

Re: Closing down the forum?

Post by James Sawyer »

Merlin wrote: A forum is a mirror of its members but looks like you don't like to talk anymore these days.
I agree, Merlin, and I, for one, have been guilty of simply testing and burying myself in work and study.

I think this forum is one of a kind. The information and testing methodology are unparalleled. I think that may work against us sometimes as people are more likely to be so earnest and testing mode :?

I am rectifying my ways and promise to engage more. It's certainly for my benefit as well as I am about 5 days into the new test and have a bunch of others to follow.

Time to bring thoughts, questions, ideas to the forum instead of them swirling in the brain solo.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

James Sawyer wrote:I agree, Merlin, and I, for one, have been guilty of simply testing and burying myself in work and study.
The reason I asked is because sometime when I show up and hit reload, I see at the bottom of the homepage 4, 5 even 6 registered members and still no new posts and then *POOF* out you go. I reload and everyone is gone so I figured that you guys don't like to talk so we can always continue our research by email if you want.

Anyway, I will see how it goes in the next few weeks and see if people want to chat with others or not.

Merlin
James Sawyer

Post by James Sawyer »

Merlin wrote:I reload and everyone is gone so I figured that you guys don't like to talk so we can always continue our research by email if you want.
Yeah, I understand. It's not much of a community if people are not chatting and discussing things. I know it's the general forum but that there are so many things that are of interest, even for those who want to stay close to the LOA world. There is so much in science, art, filmmaking, and even business that we can discuss.
Perun

Post by Perun »

I have an M.A. in philosophy, but it's questionable how much will people be interested in discussing such an abstract discipline. :?
James Sawyer

Post by James Sawyer »

Perun wrote:I have an M.A. in philosophy, but it's questionable how much will people be interested in discussing such an abstract discipline. :?
You'd be surprised :lol: I'm in the hermeneutic stage of my philosophical journey.

One of my favourite quotes (and something I am appreciating again in the LOA journey) is Hermes Trismegistus:

“If then you do not make yourself equal to God, you cannot apprehend God; for like is known by like. Leap clear of all that is corporeal, and make yourself grown to a like expanse with that greatness which is beyond all measure; rise above all time and become eternal; then you will apprehend God. Think that for you too nothing is impossible; deem that you too are immortal, and that you are able to grasp all things in your thought, to know every craft and science; find your home in the haunts of every living creature; make yourself higher than all heights and lower than all depths”.

I'm not on a God NAP for now but the bolded part is something I'm conquering.

So, go ahead and share your philosophical musings, readings, and any other thing. Someone may jump in :)
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Perun wrote:I have an M.A. in philosophy, but it's questionable how much will people be interested in discussing such an abstract discipline. :?
That's is what I'm trying to find out here. Whether people coming in are just interested to talk about NAPs and LOA and nothing else.

Since NAPs are coming to a level where all we need to do is short 2 week tests using believable goals, I doubt we will have a lot to discuss during those little tests and it shows right now. People are testing but it's dead on the forums.

Then again, I'm not trying to force people to talk if they don't want to. Just wondering if it will be dead like this all the time while we tests our little 2 week tests.

Merlin
Dr_Scully

Post by Dr_Scully »

I was under the impression that the forum was quieter these days since people are testing, and also because there seemed to be an influx after New Years from the "other LOA" forum with desperate people trying to manifest shit. I assumed those folks naturally just gave up and left.

Also, I wonder if people got freaked out by your "NAPs only forum" posting there where you didn't really want people to bring up other techniques to manifest, etc. I understood what you meant - and this is just a theory - that maybe people are just keeping quiet in general about other stuff to talk about because they assume ppl only want to talk about NAPs.

I don't mind talking but just been busy with NAP testing (I'll post if I see results, of course), looking for jobs lately and a friends upcoming wedding plans. Nothing personal against the other members or not wanting to talk.
Bullitt

Post by Bullitt »

It's always pretty quiet when I'm online. I normally wake up and read what people have posted while I've been NAPing.

I think we should see more activity once our first two weeks of these new NAPs are over. After the 100 days of cleaning and changing from single line to 3-line NAPs and then a series of new tests to help manifest the NAPs we've been doing for months, I think some might be a little hesitant to get too hopeful in the next stage of testing. Once we settle down and get used to using our NAPs for a shorter time period, then we'll start comparing results and exchanging ideas again.
AgentSmith

Post by AgentSmith »

I think everyone is just really focused on these 10-14 day tests and just going online to check what is the progress of others. I remember when we were doing the last 100 days challenge that there was a lot of chatting in the first two months, while everyone was waiting for the time to past. So let's hope there would be results soon, and I am sure this forum is going to explode with posts. :D