Resurrection

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
James Sawyer

Resurrection

Post by James Sawyer »

Not the real thing but the new TV show.

I checked it out yesterday and really enjoyed it. I know there are a couple shows and movies with the same concept already. Dead people who come back years or decades later.

Surprisingly, though, it was a very interesting pilot for a network show.

What had me curious was the whole waking up in a nearly parallel reality where what had happened hadn't really happened.

Here's the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e7vp9yMTuA[/youtube]
Merlin
Site Admin

Re: Resurrection

Post by Merlin »

Looks interesting but I'm scratching my head as to what they will put in the 2nd episode. :lol:

So ok, he came back from 30 yrs in the past and then what? :?

What is he gonna do? Tell us about Boy George and Cindy Lauper brand new Top 40 hits? :lol:

Merlin
James Sawyer

Post by James Sawyer »

Merlin wrote: What is he gonna do? Tell us about Boy George and Cindy Lauper brand new Top 40 hits? :lol:
:lol: Good question. If the show is anything like similar ones, then they'll have all kinds of people coming back to solve all kinds of past mysteries.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

This reminds me of another show I liked at the turn of the century called Early Edition when every morning, the guy would wake up go to his door where a cat would be sitting on top of a newspaper... TOMORROW's newspaper.

His job was to read the paper to find the people who died the previous day (today) and try to save them from dying.

Because it's a bit old for Youtube, I didn't find the trailer but a guy seemed to have uploaded the entire season on Youtube starting with Episode 1 here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j5Es0U ... E8ACAB4E9D[/youtube]

Merlin
James Sawyer

Post by James Sawyer »

Sounds really cool. The 90s were a great time for some of these supernatural shows. One of my favourites is Quantum Leap. It's old but I got the whole thing over one summer a few years ago and watched it in a month or two.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

James Sawyer wrote:Sounds really cool. The 90s were a great time for some of these supernatural shows. One of my favourites is Quantum Leap. It's old but I got the whole thing over one summer a few years ago and watched it in a month or two.
Yeah I know one but I never watched it regularly for some reason. :?

Haha, I am watching the episode 1 and I'm hooked again because he used the paper to trade the Stock Market with it. :lol:

Now THAT would be a cool NAP to do, getting the Tomorrow's newspaper delivered every morning. :mrgreen:

Merlin
Bullitt

Post by Bullitt »

I'm watching Early Edition now. It looks good. :D

Did anyone watch Awake when it was on a couple of years ago? It's about a Detective who shifts between two realities whenever he goes to sleep. In one reality, his wife survived a car crash and in the other, his son survived instead and he often sees something in one reality that helps him solve a case in the other.

I really enjoyed it at the time as it was fairly thought provoking, but I would find it even more interesting now.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Bullitt wrote:Did anyone watch Awake when it was on a couple of years ago? It's about a Detective who shifts between two realities whenever he goes to sleep.
Never heard of it. :? Sounds cool though.

Merlin
James Sawyer

Post by James Sawyer »

Merlin wrote: Haha, I am watching the episode 1 and I'm hooked again because he used the paper to trade the Stock Market with it. :lol:

Now THAT would be a cool NAP to do, getting the Tomorrow's newspaper delivered every morning. :mrgreen:
I haven't considered seeing the future with a NAP but I'm tempted now too :)

Awake was a great show. I was disappointed that they had cancelled it. I was intrigued with how the two parallel realities continued developing wildly different scenarios.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7ywHHfTDAw[/youtube]
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Hmm kinda cool indeed. :D

Merlin