Realizations....not affirmations

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
James Sawyer

Re: Realizations....not affirmations

Post by James Sawyer »

Merlin wrote: You see, I have already talked about this "live in the now" thing but I never really quite got it. :roll:
And this is what I find crazy about some of these teachings. I know there is something to it; it's been repeated by so many over thousands of years. They found something in the 'live in the now' but how the hell do they ignore past and future in the mind? :roll:
Merlin wrote: But this could be it, by not thinking of the past nor the future and thinking of nothing, this "All that is" thing may need to make us do something and THAT could be the moment where we get clues and answers and vibration and parallel changes. Who knows. :D

Even if this is true, these answers might take a while to come and are not THAT HUGE otherwise, every newbie in meditation would have attracted all that they wanted after their 1st meditation week-end seminar. :lol:
But that's the thing though, not every newbie lives in the now beyond the moments of meditation. What Tolle (and many others before him) say that it is a 'state of being' like the quote above. It's not an hour of meditation or even a day of sensory deprivation. It's complete immersion in the present moment without using the mind to mull over the past or project into the future with thinking, hypothesizing, daydreaming.

How to do that in every (or even most) moments of your life? Damned if I knew :?
Merlin wrote: The way I understand it is that the past, the present and the future are all different frames just like the picture frames in a film strip. They are all present at the same time and TIME is just the action of going through those frames 1 after the next...........

So what does this "live in the NOW" means EXACTLY? Focus only on frame 5 and hope that All that is will shift you to the vibration of frame 10 and *poof* there you are seeing your goal!

Again, I just don't get it.
And I think this is the part where our understanding of reality as frames and his understanding as a single, present moment cross into different paths. We and Tolle both agree that time is an illusion. But so do so many others including Einstein.

He believes that the past only existed as a present moment, and to remember it is to reject the present and escape into the 'sleep' of thinking. That's why he advocates 'no thought'. Apparently, constant thought creates a state of sleep where you ruminate about the past or project into a fictional future. According to him, thought should only be used as a tool (like solving a coding error). With the present, 'all that is' emerges through you. Meh. I don't even know what that means :roll:

But he insists that creative impulses that lead to discoveries, great wealth, spectacular art come through these tiny moments when no thought exists and a human is completely absorbed in the present. His supporting evidence is that geniuses throughout time have been contemplative and needed space of immersion (and even they may not have realized that 'no thought' or 'in the present moments'_ allowed for creativity to emerge. He thinks that is why creative people are so rare compared to the majority obsessed with the mind's thoughts, and its constant immersion in past & future.

So, he probably doesn't see reality as frames the way we do.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

I can understand that thinking of the past or the future will bring us back into lack over and over again kinda like when Lipton said that the SM is a tape player that is activated when you do not control your thoughts consciously.

However, maybe the only option is to FOCUS on the NOW and not the past of future and feel the vibration of the achieved goal. This way by using our CM, the SM is not running its tape, and if we do not focus on the past or future we won't vibrate back to that unwanted vibration either.

What do you think? Make sense or not?

Merlin
James Sawyer

Post by James Sawyer »

Merlin wrote: However, maybe the only option is to FOCUS on the NOW and not the past of future and feel the vibration of the achieved goal. This way by using our CM, the SM is not running its tape, and if we do not focus on the past or future we won't vibrate back to that unwanted vibration either.

What do you think? Make sense or not?
I think it is our only option too. We, as a species, are really caught between a rock and a hard place like you've written. Thinking means continuously repetitive obsessions about past events or future projections of plans, hopes, etc. On the other hand, the SM has the tape ready with its beliefs to loop endlessly. I guess that's why small children tend to live in the NOW exclusively.

We have no choice but to use every trick to focus on the now. So if programming code, then that's all; if writing a grocery list, then that's it. If exercising or watching The Strain, then that's all. No more endless thinking. Much less daydreaming and much more being in the NOW and learning to feel the now. Maybe that's what he meant about 'realizations' that ground a person in the feeling that they have what they want now. This is what we refer to as the desired vibration.

It certainly couldn't hurt to stop feeding the SM with daily beliefs of lack or deprivation. It could energize our NAPs powerfully.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

In other words...

1- Use the CM to think about the past or future = Bad lack vibration

2- Use the CM to think of nothing and the SM takes over = Bad lack vibration again.

So the ONLY option we have left is this one...

3- Use the CM to avoid the SM from running the bad vibration tape but NOT use the CM to think about the past of future and think of the achieved moment only to finally vibrate at the wanted vibration.

Even if this will work, this brings us back to what Lipton said, the SM runs our daily vibration 95% of the time so we will reach that wanted vibration just 5% of the day until the phone rings and then *poof* the CM stops focusing on happy thoughts and the SM will runs it's bad vibration tape again.

CONCLUSION: To hell with this attempt to control our vibration during the day and use a NAP to change the tape. This way, EVEN if you do not think of happy thoughts and the SM will play, it will now play a POSITIVE VIBRATION and we will now attract our goal this way.

Tadaaa :lol: "Living in the now....CASE CLOSED" :twisted: (At least for me. :geek: ).

Don't you just love to be a left brainer. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Merlin
James Sawyer

Post by James Sawyer »

Merlin wrote:Tadaaa :lol: "Living in the now....CASE CLOSED" :twisted: (At least for me. :geek: ).
:lol: Well, then, good on ya, mate. At least some closure after all that Tolle.

But just a little thing.......
Merlin wrote: CONCLUSION: To hell with this attempt to control our vibration during the day and use a NAP to change the tape. This way, EVEN if you do not think of happy thoughts and the SM will play, it will now play a POSITIVE VIBRATION and we will now attract our goal this way.
No thought does not mean happy thoughts with the CM ;)

It could be less effort than even the normal state of letting the SM run amok. The SM may very well be disarmed and made obsolete by 'no thought'.

That could be a discussion for another time :lol:
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

James Sawyer wrote:No thought does not mean happy thoughts with the CM ;)
Yes that's what I said (or at least what I meant to say) because when you do not use your CM, the SM takes over and brings you again those bad vibration.

If you think of the past or future, you also bring back those nasty lack vibration by hoping to get one day your goal that you do not have right now (aka bad vibration).

So not thinking of anything or thinking of the past or future = BAD VIBRATION. :(

What this "Living in the now" seems to bring is done ONLY if you use your CM to control those nasty negative thoughts that the SM will throw at you in auto pilot mode. Doing this however still DOES NOT make you vibrate at the wanted vibration.

You follow?

So to make this "Living in the now" work, you need to use your CM to think of the present AND ALSO think and feel as if you have achieved your goal so that you FINALLY now vibrate at the wanted vibration but again, for how long? 5 Minutes? 30 minutes?

Pfff, no thanks. :lol:

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

Somehow I think the answer that we're looking for is gonna be much simpler than we think it is, and we're gonna hit ourselves in the head at how we overlooked it :lol:
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:Somehow I think the answer that we're looking for is gonna be much simpler than we think it is, and we're gonna hit ourselves in the head at how we overlooked it :lol:
It's possible but this discussion made me see this "living in the now" differently than before.

Before I saw it as something magical that only meditation gurus and expert would reach but the more I look at it, the more I see these old discussions between people who hated NAPs and wanted to simply visualize and meditate during the day thinking that THIS was THE solution and the fans of NAPs like me who prefer not fight with this mighty SM that is controlling our vibration 95% of the day.

In other words, I see this NOW thing as the only way that people who don't know NAPs have to avoid this nasty negative vibration that the SM is making them vibrate 24/7.

Lipton talked about it with Wayne Dyer one time. Lipton said to Dyer that the SM is the one in control 95% of the day and Dyer said but HOW do you avoid this and Lipton said by doing a technique known as "Buddhist Mindfulness" which is to monitor your thoughts. :shock: (Suuuuuuuure, way to go Bruce. :roll: ) so that the negative thoughts coming from your SM (the tape player as he calls it) doesn't bring you into a negative vibration. Basically, it's like the "Feel Good" advice from The Secret.

Again, nothing wrong with thinking happy thoughts, be in the now and visualize your goal each day but you are fighting a monster that is in control 95% of the time so why even bother? but that's ALL they know. :?

They don't know how to REPROGRAM the tape player so the only way they found to avoid it from playing is to be in the now and think happy thoughts which would work if you could maintain it 24/7 but you can't do that.

So the FASTER way to beat that thing is NOT to stop the "negative vibration limiting beliefs" tape from playing but by REPROGRAMMING IT like we do with NAPs here.

The beauty with this is that if you manage to do that, then your SM is not your worst enemy anymore but becomes your best friend because now, when you don't think about your goal, your SM will make you vibrate at the vibration you really want to be in and you will attract you goal asap.

95 to 5 that's 19:1 ratio so the CM is driving your life during 1 hour while the SM will drive 19 hours after that.

So when you think happy thoughts in the now, you drive 1 hour in the direction you want but the SM will drive 19 hrs in the opposite direction, taking away all the gains your CM did today.

So instead of bitching about the SM and trying to stop it by making the CM drive more and more hours each day, why not REPROGRAM the SM so that it drive in THE SAME direction that the CM is driving? :roll:

This way, EVEN if the CM fucks up, the SM will fix it all by driving back in the direction you want to go.

Our SM is like our Terminator robot, better program it to be your friend than your enemy. :lol: because you will have a REALLY hard time fighting it. :?

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

So basically what Tolle said further proves that NAPS are the way to go, right? I guess the trick is finding a way to design a NAP that makes us permanently feel like we've shifted to a different reality where we already have what we were trying to manifest.

It definitely sounds much simpler than having to control our CM every waking moment. Especially while driving and getting road rage :evil:

But then again I've read that being in the present moment or "the now" is what connects us to nature, which is what leads to wisdom. And therefore, this wisdom will give us the answers we seek. Fuck, we're close :shock:
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:So basically what Tolle said further proves that NAPS are the way to go, right?
As far I know yes. Tolle and the "live in the now" technique is ONE way to be at the vibration of your choice but again, for how long?
xcfastdude wrote:I guess the trick is finding a way to design a NAP that makes us permanently feel like we've shifted to a different reality where we already have what we were trying to manifest.
Yeah exactly, therefore the idea of the iNAPs where we store everything that those meditation and visualization sessions are using but NOT at the CM level which lasts only a few minutes a day but at the SM level which runs 95% of the day like Lipton says.

And look at how fast it works when you manage to do it right. It can take as little as 10 days to do some MAJOR jumps in vibration.
xcfastdude wrote:But then again I've read that being in the present moment or "the now" is what connects us to nature, which is what leads to wisdom. And therefore, this wisdom will give us the answers we seek. Fuck, we're close :shock:
Yeah and THAT is the only thing that bugs me here. I said "case closed" earlier but seriously I don't want to totally throw this "living in the now" technique in the garbage yet because maybe I am missing a major point here.

If however the NOW technique is just to maintain the vibration of your choice then screw it, NAPs are 100s of times more powerful because they work at the SM level which is THE LEVEL you must work at if you want to change your vibration in a HUGE and FAST way.

Merlin