Realizations....not affirmations

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
James Sawyer

Realizations....not affirmations

Post by James Sawyer »

So there are plenty of spirituality gurus and most will have a few principles handy in their toolboxes. Acting or believing 'as if' you have what you want is one of them. Even our beloved Bashar talks about it :)

I came across an interview with Eckhart Tolle (I know, I know, he should be kicked for all that accept your BS life). Like other gurus and spiritual teachers, of course, he touched upon that 'act as if' principle, albeit with a little twist:

"Unity Magazine: Does your spiritual practice involve prayer and meditation, or is it more a state of being?

Tolle: It is more a state of being. I don’t pray for anything, but I have used affirmations in the past a few times. They are really a bit more like realizations in that on some level they have already happened.

For instance, before I wrote The Power of Now, I had a vision that I had already written the book and that it was affecting the world. I had a sense there was already a book somehow in existence. I drew a circle on a piece of paper and it said “book.” Then I wrote something about the effect the book had on the world, how it influenced my life and other people’s lives, and how it came to be translated into many languages affecting hundreds of thousands of people. But I didn’t draw it because I wanted it to happen —it was more like I was writing down on this piece of paper what I felt was already a reality on some level.

This is what I think people would call true manifestation and visualization. It doesn’t really work powerfully if you think you need to bring something about or attract it to yourself. It works most powerfully when you realize that it is already a reality on the unseen level. It’s already there. And when you fully realize it’s already a reality, you feel the power of it. Then the feeling you have when you look at a treasure map or a vision board is no different from the feeling you have when it actually comes into manifestation."

Link: https://www.eckharttolle.com/article/Sp ... hart-Tolle
karatekid

Re: Realizations....not affirmations

Post by karatekid »

Hey JS Thanks for the post.
(I know, I know, he should be kicked for all that accept your BS life)
This was funny, why this? I don't know about Eckhart Tollle.
James Sawyer

Post by James Sawyer »

karatekid wrote:Hey JS Thanks for the post.
(I know, I know, he should be kicked for all that accept your BS life)
This was funny, why this? I don't know about Eckhart Tollle.
:lol: Don't get me wrong, I like some of the the man's teachings. But he has this rage-inducing principle that you should accept the present moment with all its lumps. I'm sure he sees the ancient wisdom behind it. I don't. Here we are, spitting a lung with programming the SM with NAPs. Accepting what is could be considered the opposite of what we're doing.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

James Sawyer wrote:This is what I think people would call true manifestation and visualization. It doesn’t really work powerfully if you think you need to bring something about or attract it to yourself. It works most powerfully when you realize that it is already a reality on the unseen level. It’s already there. And when you fully realize it’s already a reality, you feel the power of it. Then the feeling you have when you look at a treasure map or a vision board is no different from the feeling you have when it actually comes into manifestation."
Ooohh I like that. :mrgreen:

Nice find :SupNap:

That's a bit what I'm doing right now with my trading system. I know there is a version of me that already is making millions with it and all I want is to tap into his brain to know what I am using to be that successful.

It's the same principle that Burt Goldman talks about in his program "Quantum Jumping".

Although I have never been able to make it work so if you know a way to access this parallel reality version of us, let us know. ;)

Merlin
James Sawyer

Post by James Sawyer »

Merlin wrote: Ooohh I like that. :mrgreen:

Nice find :SupNap:

That's a bit what I'm doing right now with my trading system. I know there is a version of me that already is making millions with it and all I want is to tap into his brain to know what I am using to be that successful
Merlin
Yeah, I liked that part too. He's usually all about 'being in the now' and the present moment but every once in a while, he talks about realities that already exist. That's why I read or listen for him, to catch those glimpses. Unfortunately, most of his readers/followers enjoy the Eastern philosophies' components of acceptance, stillness, no thought, etc., so he talks about those a lot.

That's pretty cool that you're using it with your trading system. The acting or thinking 'as if' is worth applying.
Merlin wrote: Although I have never been able to make it work so if you know a way to access this parallel reality version of us, let us know. ;)
You bet :lol:
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

James Sawyer wrote:That's pretty cool that you're using it with your trading system.
Yeah but through a NAP. :lol:

Again, I tried this Quantum Jumping and visualizing a door and jumping through it and saying HI to my other self and ask the other me... "How the hell did you manage to reduce those costly trades to the minimum like that so that the profit can be maximized? And btw, you drive my dream car you SOB :evil: and how did you meet that cute blond sitting next to you :shock: Heellllooooooo baby :twisted: ".

But I never got any answers from that sucker. I can be a real bitch sometimes. :? :lol:

So maybe via a NAP I will be able to emulate the vibration of this version of me.

I should start it next week end.

Merlin
James Sawyer

Post by James Sawyer »

Merlin wrote: But I never got any answers from that sucker. I can be a real bitch sometimes. :? :lol:

So maybe via a NAP I will be able to emulate the vibration of this version of me.

I should start it next week end.
:lol: :lol: Hey, whatever works. There's got to be a key to this vibration mystery and shifting higher, and this just might be it.

Good luck with the start next week :SupNap:
karatekid

Post by karatekid »

Unfortunately, most of his readers/followers enjoy the Eastern philosophies' components of acceptance, stillness, no thought, etc., so he talks about those a lot.
I like some philosophies, but some just are nonsense, like accepting.

What's the logic accepting your state now? It's like playing a game, and you won't do your quest, accepting being a level 1 forever lol
It's like being hungry. If you are starving, you will prefer go to search some food, or just accept you're hungry and starve? lol
James Sawyer

Post by James Sawyer »

karatekid wrote: I like some philosophies, but some just are nonsense, like accepting.

What's the logic accepting your state now? It's like playing a game, and you won't do your quest, accepting being a level 1 forever lol
Yeah, that's pretty much what drives me nuts :lol:

That part of his teaching is so strange. He teaches that if you accept the present moment, no matter how nasty it is, you become one with 'all that is'. And, then, the evolutionary impulse of 'all that is' will come through you because it is going somewhere. It is essentially using you to express itself. With acceptance, 'existence' or 'the one' or 'all that is' will give you access to the infinite intelligence and your life situation will change.

I suppose it is possible if one can manage total acceptance. I know I can't. But good luck to whomever can test Tolle's principle. For most people, the present moment is one of deprivation. There is always something we are lacking and want to fix. Accepting it seems so wildly outside the rational.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

James Sawyer wrote:That part of his teaching is so strange. He teaches that if you accept the present moment, no matter how nasty it is, you become one with 'all that is'. And, then, the evolutionary impulse of 'all that is' will come through you because it is going somewhere. It is essentially using you to express itself.
Hmm, interesting pov. :?

You see, I have already talked about this "live in the now" thing but I never really quite got it. :roll:

How can we manifest faster, better and get answers but doing stand still kinda like being day dreaming fixing a spot on the wall for many seconds/minutes and hoping to shift to the vibration of our goal? :?

It just didn't make any sense here. :roll:

But this could be it, by not thinking of the past nor the future and thinking of nothing, this "All that is" thing may need to make us do something and THAT could be the moment where we get clues and answers and vibration and parallel changes. Who knows. :D

Even if this is true, these answers might take a while to come and are not THAT HUGE otherwise, every newbie in meditation would have attracted all that they wanted after their 1st meditation week-end seminar. :lol:

The way I understand it is that the past, the present and the future are all different frames just like the picture frames in a film strip. They are all present at the same time and TIME is just the action of going through those frames 1 after the next.

Usually, we go from frame 1 to frame 2 and 3 and so on but because everything is NOW, we can shift from frame 10 to frame 5 and then frame 1 and then back to 10. It all depends on the vibration that we are in which will determine which 3D frame of reality we will see right now.

So what does this "live in the NOW" means EXACTLY? Focus only on frame 5 and hope that All that is will shift you to the vibration of frame 10 and *poof* there you are seeing your goal!

Again, I just don't get it.

Merlin