Any UFC and Boxing fans here?

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
Merlin
Site Admin

Re: Any UFC and Boxing fans here?

Post by Merlin »

wireman wrote:another competitive venue, would cause Dana nightmares, with his present troubles and threats to his wallet, and the panache GSP enjoys , their could be a mass exodus of fighters unhappy with the UFC to such a venture..
I agree. In the boxing world, they count 21 world pro associations...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bo ... anisations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In the MMA, there is only the UFC and if there are others, I don't hear about them. Breaking their MMA monopoly wouldn't be a bad idea and with the name and respect he has in the business, announcing that he will fight in his new potential league would attract instantly PPV and maybe HBO contracts along with good fighters from the UFC.

If he can partner with Anderson Silva for example who is about the retire with UFC, his new league would have 2 world MMA champions to attract great fighters.

Dana White said many times that GSP has made many millions with the UFC and PPV but having a 2nd UFC in the MMA business would be a good way to retire while growing old.

Merlin
wireman

Post by wireman »

If he can partner with Anderson Silva for example who is about the retire with UFC, his new league would have 2 world MMA champions to attract great fighters.
Merlin Eh,

Makes perfect business sense, why settle for a piece of the pie, when you can have the whole pie! Sure he can see the profitability of all the merchandising --, as well . What a business opportunity such a merger could bring ,Could usher in a whole new era, for the UFC, similar to when the Gracies burst upon the scene..

Media would really play such a partnership up..

wire Cheerz :D
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Our boy Stiverne defends his WBC Heavyweight Championship title against Wilder Saturday.

Poor Stiverne starts with at least 6 inches shorter so here we go again :roll: and he's 239 lb vs 219 for Wilder.

Now some will say that being more heavy can deliver a bigger punch but to me leaner means you can be faster on your feet and being taller means longer arms and better reach on top of that, it will hard for Stiverne to win this one unless he goes for the uppercut because he's shorter.

Anyone watching this?

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

You watching the undercard fights Merlin? I just tuned in. Holy smokes what a knockdown.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:You watching the undercard fights Merlin? I just tuned in. Holy smokes what a knockdown.
No because I found a local TV network that will show the fight so instead of going to free website I will watch it live on TV in 3 minutes now (10:30 Pm Est.).

I don't know most of these guys to be honest.

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

I don't either but man this undercard fight is nuts. There were 3 knockdowns in round 3. Both guys have knocked each other down.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:I don't either but man this undercard fight is nuts. There were 3 knockdowns in round 3. Both guys have knocked each other down.
Is it the one going on right now with the black guy and white guy with the yellow socks?

I just showed what happened earlier hehe, yeah these 2 guys are tough dudes.

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

Yeah that one! Yellow sock guy got knocked down 4 times total I believe. Idk how he kept getting up. Every single knockdown was a clean, hard shot. I'm sure he got some good brain damage from that.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:I'm sure he got some good brain damage from that.
Isn't in it him arguing with a Coke Machine in the hall right now?

Yup, it's confirmed, it's him. :lol:

Merlin
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Can somebody tell him that no, he doesn't have to pay child support to a Coke Machine. :roll:

Merlin