Any UFC and Boxing fans here?

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
xcfastdude

Re: Any UFC and Boxing fans here?

Post by xcfastdude »

I hope this is a great fight. It's been a while since I've seen a good heavyweight fight. :mrgreen:
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:I hope this is a great fight. It's been a while since I've seen a good heavyweight fight. :mrgreen:
Yeah I just learned that today that it was the Klitchko bros in Ukraine who had the title and they only fought in Europe (Germany) so the term HeavyWeight Champion is not something we heard here a lot in America.

Either way, the winner tonight will fight one of these Klitchko guys and they said that the next fight would be in American soil and heard that promoters in here are trying hard to have the fight in Montreal.

Saw an interview today where the guy asked Stiverne if he was praying jist before the interview and Stivern said "...Yes, I pray that I don't kill the guy, I just want to win and I know I'm gonna hit him very hard tonight".

:shock: Huuuuh... Okaaaayyy :?

This should be interesting. :D

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

WOW hell of a fight so far. Go Stiverne :mrgreen:
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:WOW hell of a fight so far. Go Stiverne :mrgreen:
Without a KO, Stiverne will lose for sure.

Merlin
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Booooooooooriiiiiing. :roll:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Wake me up when it's over alright?

Merlin
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Well done Wilder, you deserve it. :SupNap:

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

It's over Merlin
You can come back from your Lucid Dream :mrgreen:
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:It's over Merlin
You can come back from your Lucid Dream :mrgreen:
Man, what a boring fight. :?

Just like the last one we talked about with the tall dude and the short one.

Anyway, the only time I liked was when Wilder charged on Stiverne on the 2nd round, other than that, there was nothing going on even in the entire 12 rounds.

I know that at this weight category, these guys must be on the lookout for the big punch that will send you to Lucid Dream land but jab jab jab jab go around the block, jab jab jab jab go around the block, if this is what you need to deserve a Heavyweight World Championship Title, let's just say that I'm VERY disappointed. :(

I prefer the yellow sock guy fight. :lol:

How did you like it?

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

I thought it was entertaining enough for me. I think Wilder needed to fight disciplined because Stiverne has the power to knock his ass out. I've heard reports that Wilder has a glass jaw and has been knocked down in training before, so of course he can't fight reckless against a top fighter.

I'm a fan of tactical fights. I know Floyd Mayweather gets ragged on a lot for being a "boring" fighter, but if you look at videos where they break down his tactics, you can see just how much of a genius he is in the ring. He may not knock people out, but he sure does outbox everyone and does a lot of little things to hit and avoid being hit.

Stiverne looked pretty bad out there, though.
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

I think an upcoming fight you will like if you're a fan of slugfests is next saturday's fight between Mike Alvarado and Brandon Rios. Those guys love to block punches with their face. :mrgreen: I highly recommend you check it out.