Any UFC and Boxing fans here?

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
Merlin
Site Admin

Re: Any UFC and Boxing fans here?

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:He looked like he was hurt pretty badly. It sucks for him but he was too hurt at that point so you gotta call it.
Yeah I don't recall seeing a guy standing up and wobble like that to a corner as if he was drunk, usually they are on the ground after a KO punch but he stayed up and his legs were leaving him. That to me is not good for the brain. :?

I didn't see the big KO punch though and when Kovalev went down I thought at first that they both slipped at the same spot but again, not after the review.

Pascal was good but the light heavyweight superstar here is Adonis Stevenson. Now this guy can punch.

Kovalev is now the WBA, WBO and IBF light heavyweight Champion but so is Stevenson for the WBC so I can wait for a Kovalev-Stevenson fight. If Kovalev has some balls, he will go for the 4 belts and call for Stevenson.

Look at a few of his KOs. If this fight happens, I won't bet on Kovalev side this time.

Merlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hxBT68xf98[/youtube]
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

Good lord what happened to that white dude at 53 seconds?? Was he having a seizure? He was on the canvas with his arms raised and his gloves were shaking :shock:

Stevenson is a beast. But idk so is Kovalev. That would be one hell of a fight. I've heard that Kovalev has killed either a sparring partner or an opponent before. That kind of power is pretty scary.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:Good lord what happened to that white dude at 53 seconds?? Was he having a seizure? He was on the canvas with his arms raised and his gloves were shaking :shock:
Yeah, brain damaged from the KO. That's what happens when a few wires that aren't supposed to touch cross path. You look like an idiot on the ground with your arms up in the air. :?

Look again at 1:15, we are in the 12th round and look at how fresh and not tired he seems to be. This guy has so much energy it will be a real tough challenge for Kovalev even if Kovalev wins it.
xcfastdude wrote:Stevenson is a beast. But idk so is Kovalev. That would be one hell of a fight. I've heard that Kovalev has killed either a sparring partner or an opponent before. That kind of power is pretty scary.
Oh I don't put down Kovalev here, the guy ain't got 3 World belts for nothing but regarding the 2 at the top in this division and be forced to bet my house on one, I would bet on Stevenson and it's NOT because he's another local guy here.

Then again that's just me.

I like the fact that after the fight yesterday night, Kovalev said that he will defend his IBF belt next and then he will be forced by the management to go for the WBC belt but forced or not, he said he wants all 4 belts but what's funny is that if Stevenson wins, he will be the one with the 4 belts. :lol:

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

What's interesting is that Kovalev's chin is probably better than his power. I mean Pascal put his soul into those power shots and Kovalev did not go down :shock:
That Pascal we saw yesterday would beat anyone not named Kovalev or Stevenson.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:What's interesting is that Kovalev's chin is probably better than his power. I mean Pascal put his soul into those power shots and Kovalev did not go down :shock:
That Pascal we saw yesterday would beat anyone not named Kovalev or Stevenson.
Pascal doesn't have half the punch power Stevenson has. That's why almost everyone here in MTL was still convinced he would lose to Kovalev.

This is NOT the case if he would face Stevenson.

Trust me, the odds at Vegas won't be the same when he will face Stevenson. ;)

I'm not saying that Stevenson will easily win because I do not underestimate Kovalev here. I'm just saying that Pascal was no match here and besides, Pascal was Champion in 2009, that's 6 years and he didn't fight during the last 2 years and even at his prime, he never was a match for Stevenson.

Merlin
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

GYM, Adonis Stevenson's management team, are trying to insert a WBC fight before the next IBF fight that Kovalev was going to have next.

If this work,s Kovalev won't fight in 2016 for the IBF but in the fall of 2015 for the 4 belts against Stevenson. :SupNap:

At least that's what I understand so far.

People are talking about Stevenson and are saying that he has more fire power than Pascal but they are not sure about Stevenson's chin. Kovalev has a good chin too but everybody seems to agree that if Stevenson hits him good with his left hook, it doesn't matter who he will fight and how good their chin will be, they will fall and after what I have seen from Stevenson, I agree.

So from what they say, the 1st one who hits the chin first will get the 4 belts. Good or bad chin, they both have super power punches. Kovalev may not be as powerful as Stevenson but Stevenson can't seem to handle good ones.

So it's gonna be interesting to see who rings the bells in the head of their opponent first. :lol: :

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

It really is. Kovalev did manage to get hurt a bit by Pascal so we know that he's not invincible. I heard a while back that Kovalev was in my city training for a few days but idk if he was looking to switch trainers or what. He hasn't come back so maybe he didn't like them :lol:

I would've liked to see someone who hits that hard in person but oh well. Another possible future opponent who has been named is Gennady Golovkin. He'd have to move up in weight but that guy has that same knockout power.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:It really is. Kovalev did manage to get hurt a bit by Pascal so we know that he's not invincible. I heard a while back that Kovalev was in my city training for a few days but idk if he was looking to switch trainers or what. He hasn't come back so maybe he didn't like them :lol:

I would've liked to see someone who hits that hard in person but oh well. Another possible future opponent who has been named is Gennady Golovkin. He'd have to move up in weight but that guy has that same knockout power.
Yeah I know you talked about Golovkin but I didn't watch the fight so I don't know him. Again I'm not a pro here, just watch fights where my local boys are in (GSP in UFC, Bute, Pascal, Stevenson, Stiverne). Montreal is a big fight town. In fact in the news today, Deyonte Wilder the WBC HeavyWeight Champion loved the crowd so much on the Pascal-Kovalev fight that he asked his manager to forget about Vegas and go with MTL instead. :shock:

We never had a HeavyWeight Championship fight here. The biggest one was way back in 1984 Roberto Durand and Sugar Ray Leonard. We would have had one soon if Stiverne didn't lose to Wilder. It would be cool from WIlder's part to come back here though. Even if he beat our local guy we would cheer for him to bring that high class fight here.

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

That's funny that you say that because my brother and I were watching the fight together and we noticed how much LOUDER the crowd was! Yeah he has a friend that goes to all the major fights in Vegas and said that it attracts the worst kind of people. They're just very picky when it comes to the fights and aren't a very good audience. They're quick to boo if there isn't a knockdown in the first round pretty much :lol: If I was a fighter I'd much rather have a fight with Montreal's crowd than Vegas' crowd.

Golovkin is a monster. He hits so hard and has tremendous balance. He also works the body very well so he takes the fight out of his opponents.
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRsxQ5uSP0Y[/youtube]

Just listen to the thud from his punches.