Any UFC and Boxing fans here?

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
xcfastdude

Re: Any UFC and Boxing fans here?

Post by xcfastdude »

I am!! Lemieux can fucking fight holy shit!! :SupNap:
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:I am!! Lemieux can fucking fight holy shit!! :SupNap:
NDam went down 4 times but he keeps getting up. :shock: :shock:
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Wow! I didn't expect this At ALL.

Look at the speed of Lemieux's punches at this late level of the fight. That's very rare. And what about this NDam who just doesn't want to die.

Very impressive. :shock:
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

That was one of the best fights I've seen.
Those knockdowns were SPECTACULAR.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:That was one of the best fights I've seen.
Those knockdowns were SPECTACULAR.
Yup I agree and these 2 could have been from Russia or China I would say the same.

2 of the things I love in boxing, 1 guy that punches like crazy very late in the game and 1 guy that does not want to die.

Very good fight. :SupNap: :SupNap:

Congrats to David, well earn dude.

And another local boy world champion. We seem to know how to fight here. :lol: :lol:

Merlin
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Golovkin replied this on his Twitter account...

https://twitter.com/GGGBoxing/status/612672934864363520" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

Now THAT'S what I want to hear :SupNap:
Hopefully Lemieux will accept his challenge. Golovkin has been calling out all the top middleweights and nobody has accepted his challenge
yet. I know he's had a bit of a feud with Andre Ward over social media.He was supposed to have a big fight with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. a while back but Chavez Jr backed out of it like a wuss.

I love how he's actually taking initiative and calling out names. Most of these dudes just say "Oh I'll talk with my promoter/team and we'll figure out a plan of who to fight next." I'd love to see these two guys fight. :SupNap:
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:I'd love to see these two guys fight. :SupNap:
Yeah me too. I think that Lemieux's head is spinning these days, not because of the fight but because of all the attention he gets from the boxing community WORLDWIDE because this kid was totally unknown a year ago but now, everybody what's a piece of him.

So let's give him the time to go from nobody to "World Champion" :shock: (that's enough to make anybody's head spin) and then let him decide what's the best move.

Logically, he will go with fights to get more belts because now that he won the IBF so he can go for Golovkin for the WBA or Miguel Cotto for the WBC or Andy Lee for the WBO belt.

To be honest, I don't give a shit who he will fight, I can guarantee you one thing though, I will be watching ALL his fights from now on. :lol:

Merlin
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Lemieux commented in a French website (RDS) on the Golovkin Twitter post...

He was laughing and saying "That would be fun, it would be a great fight with lots of blood, people will like it". :lol: :lol:

Hahaha, cool kid, I like this guy. :SupNap:

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

So I've been digging into a few highlights on Lemieux and trying to find any common opponents between him and Golovkin
Turns out he was knocked out by a guy who Golovkin knocked out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqqZE9M_UpQ[/youtube]
Watch 1st 4 minutes or so

Here's Golovkin vs Rubio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdgQB6TEn48[/youtube]
Watch from 14:40 onward

Granted, Lemieux fought Rubio 4 years ago and I'm sure he's gotten much better since then. I'd still have Golovkin as the favorite due to being more seasoned and undefeated. I know Golovkin wants to fight Canelo Alvarez and Miguel Cotto along with Andre Ward, but looks like Canelo and Cotto are gonna fight each other in November. They are just waiting to see if they agree that the winner has to fight Golovkin afterward since he would be the mandatory challenger to see if it's gonna be a title fight or not.

Either way, Golovkin is 33-0 with 30 KO's, Lemieux is 34-2 with 31 KO's. You wanna talk about a blood and guts fight, THIS would be it :SupNap: