Any UFC and Boxing fans here?

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
Merlin
Site Admin

Any UFC and Boxing fans here?

Post by Merlin »

Just asking...

Merlin
SuperHero

Re: Any UFC fans here?

Post by SuperHero »

Yep!
Merlin
Site Admin

Re: Any UFC and Boxing fans here?

Post by Merlin »

SuperHero wrote:Yep!
So on the UFC 181 Saturday, Hendricks or Lawler?

Last time was close so it should be interesting.

I wonder of GSP here in Montreal will be there and take a few notes in case he comes back. :lol:

Merlin
wireman

Post by wireman »

Merlin the pack leader queries,
Had my snot pump bipped a few times. Another Canadian fighter, kickboxer, was great 180 #s. Re: GSP. Tuff SOB. Always liked his fighting style. Great groundwork as well. You fight over three rounds and it is a killer. Better be in damn good shape or you will get your azz handed to you. Real fighting taxes the heck out of you.Must learn to pace and try to keep focused. Able to work out all your aggressions though. :lol:

UFC was after my prime, but we had many tournaments between schools Chi-town area.
Long time ago. Stand up and ground work. Throws, chokes, nothing really serious, been choked out, couple broken bones. I can still choke you out in a second or so..if you give me a chance :lol: Kappo to resuscitate you. Kodokan Judo.

wireman Cheerz fight fanz.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

wireman wrote:Re: GSP. Tuff SOB. Always liked his fighting style. Great groundwork as well. You fight over three rounds and it is a killer.
Yeah GSP's biggest ally was the groundwork but many including myself didn't like that style too much because it's boring. A few elbows here and there to the head and it can go on and on and zzzzzzzz.

I prefer the type of fight that Hendricks and Lawler will have this weekend.
wireman wrote:I can still choke you out in a second or so..if you give me a chance :lol:
You may be the voice of wisdom and the oldest here but I'm sure you can kick all our asses. I'm like Michael Jackson, I'm a lover not a fighter. :mrgreen: Just joking here, you know I like to tease all the time.

To be honest with you, it's better for me to NOT have been in martial arts because with my cocky attitude, I would have been in a lot of trouble and that would have made me visit the jail more often than none. :?

Merlin
wireman

Post by wireman »

Merlin Ey Pack Leader, sagely replies,
elbows here and there to the head and it can go on and on and zzzzzzzz.
Exhausting and Boring, and you gotta move all that weight around, yeah, stand-up is where the action is,can't remember that kickboxers name from Canada, heavyweight, Champion joy to watch him fight, pre UFC once again. Certain he was French.

Oh yeah, you have a sixth sense to make one laff, gotta love your attitude, nothing wrong there.

XC may weigh in on this as well, another fight fan.

wireman Cheerz fight fanz. :SupNap:
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

I'm a boxing fan :SupNap: :mrgreen:
I'm a newb to ufc, though. Just barely getting into it.
Love boxing though. Did some boxing. Some sparring and whatnot but nothing too serious. Had a class with a health/self defense teacher at my school that was a world champion boxer. Lady was undefeated with nearly all knockouts. She could hit fucking hard. Way harder than any of the guys in that class man. She also was a black belt, had her own dojo and knew how to fight with knives and shit. Crazy lady man :shock: I'd never mess with anyone who's a fighter.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Good night for me.

In boxing, Jean Pascal didn't lose although the fight went a bit strange with one punch from Pascal and needed the other guy needed the stretcher!!! :shock:

Another guy from here David Lemieux won in NY.

Finally Lawler defeated Hendricks.

So I'm happy. Well almost, my Hockey club sucks with 6 defeats in the last 7 games. :roll:

Merlin
wireman

Post by wireman »

I've followed Farbers career, hits like a mule kicks ,for a smaller man.. Little eye poke but stuff happens.. Some great wins. Re: Les Habs, tuff loss.
xc oh yeah, women can be rough and tuff, met some myself..may have a few dollars coming Re:College sports.

wireman Cheerz.. Winnerz and Loserz.
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

I wanted to watch the Lemieux fight but man got home way too late. I heard it was good.
Really looking forward to the Rios vs Alvarado 3 fight in January. As much as I love to watch tactical fights, sometimes it's just fun to watch an all-out slugfest :mrgreen:

Rios trains in my city but he's a cocky sonofabitch so I'm pulling for Alvarado