Any UFC and Boxing fans here?

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
xcfastdude

Re: Any UFC and Boxing fans here?

Post by xcfastdude »

So that data supports my thinking that Lemieux needs to attack early if he wants a chance to win. GGG is more methodical with the way he approaches his fights I think. From what I've seen, he likes to punish his opponents more before finally knocking them out. I know his fights against Martin Murray and Curtis Stevens he killed them with hard body shots to the point that once they did go down, they had nothing left. Their will to keep fighting was knocked out of them with those shots.

Lemieux seems to me like he's more of a flashier knockout artist, in which he tries to go for the kill early, kind of like Mike Tyson.

Against Monroe GGG actually seemed like he was carrying him to make the fight last longer. I thought he could've ended it in the 2nd round but from his interviews, he prides himself in giving a "big drama show". I don't think he can afford to do that with Lemieux since his power makes him too dangerous.

Deep down I hope they both knock each other down. I want to see some Hagler/Hearns type action :twisted: I'm tempted to lay a couple bucks on Lemieux just because the payoff would be pretty damn good. :roll:
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

The reason why GGG is ahead in the bets is that most people simply don't know and never heard of David and that makes perfect sense. I wouldn't bet on him myself because I know he can punch but may not have the experience that GGG has but that's all that stands between these 2.

If GGG has the experience to avoid David's punches and the experience to know exactly when to punch him back then GGG will win this one but I don't know GGG enough to know if he can pull that.

From what I heard in the press conference today and online websites, GGG has not fought a guy like David and his power punch for close to a decade and we could say the same for David so it's almost unknown ground for everyone.

Like I said, I think GGG will win but I wouldn't bet more than $1 on it. :lol: That's how convinced I am of GGG's superiority over David. :mrgreen:

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

I just hope Lemieux gives him a good fight, which he's certainly capable of. I want GGG to look vulnerable in this one so that he can have a better chance of getting good fights in the future. I've read that the winner of this one will fight the winner of Canelo Alvarez vs Miguel Cotto, which will also be a fantastic fight. But I was watching an interview from Oscar De La Hoya saying that Canelo won't be ready to fight GGG for another two years or so :evil:

I call bullshit on that. He's just scared that his cashcow will get annihilated. But if GGG looks beatable, those guys would be more willing to fight him.
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

I just got done watching the weigh-in. Lemieux looked a bit soft around the midsection.
I was suprised that Golovkin is the bigger man :shock: Idk why but I thought it was the other way around for some reason.
I think Lemieux might've had to drop a ton of weight last minute. It looked like he struggled to get to 160. Luckily they held the weigh-in early to give him a little
extra time to rehydrate.

Now I really won't bet on Lemieux :lol:
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:Now I really won't bet on Lemieux :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Maybe we should send him a Petry Poutine? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh well, I will watch, I think that GGG will win but I hope for myself but also the sport in general that Lemieux wins just to throw in some spice in this "easy to predict business".

That would be fun. :twisted:

Merlin
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

The only thing I wish is to see at least 1 or 2 full rounds.

It would be sad that after 2 or 3 punches that 1 of the 2 go down. KOs are fun but give us a fight here please.

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

I'm trying to figure out what the over/under is for total rounds in this fight. That will be very telling of how long this fight will go.
Hopefully Vegas thinks it will be at least 5.
I predict they'll have it at over/under 5.5 rounds. Let me dig around a little more.
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

Oh snap I was right. The over/under is set at 5.5 rounds. It's pretty even on both sides with the over having slightly greater odds of happening.

What was interesting to note is that this fight had 4 separate weigh-ins. One 30 days before the fight, another 7 days before, the weigh-in yesterday, and then this morning they had another weigh-in where they both had to come in at 170 pounds or less. :shock: I've never seen that before, and I hope it doesn't hurt Lemieux.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:Oh snap I was right. The over/under is set at 5.5 rounds. It's pretty even on both sides with the over having slightly greater odds of happening.
Well that was easy to expect with a record like them...

GGG: 33(30 K.-O.)
David: 34(31 K.-O.)

Some expert said that they have seen two KO artists in the past go to the 11th round but that's rare. It should be fast but like I said above, hopefully not too fast.

I hate fights where nothing happens but I hate even more those Rhonda Roussey fights that last 14 seconds. :roll:

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

Alright my final prediction is Golovkin in 7 by TKO.
I think GGG will be a little more cautious than we think he will once he feels Lemieux's power. He won't be able to afford taking as many risks
against a good puncher like that. But I think he'll end up catching him in the 7th round and put him away. I think Lemieux will knock down GGG once though sometime in the 2nd or 3rd round but GGG will bounce back.

Anyhow, I'm ready for the Big Drama Show :lol: :SupNap: