Any UFC and Boxing fans here?

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
Merlin
Site Admin

Re: Any UFC and Boxing fans here?

Post by Merlin »

interesting fight tomorrow on UFC.

Condit-Lawler

I will watch it for sure.

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

Not familiar with either of them but I might check it out.
Btw my boxing buddies said that Kovalev is here training in Oxnard. Hopefully they'll have an open gym session
so I can see him do work :SupNap:
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:Not familiar with either of them but I might check it out.
Btw my boxing buddies said that Kovalev is here training in Oxnard. Hopefully they'll have an open gym session
so I can see him do work :SupNap:
This should be a quick fight unless Pascal pulls a rabbit out of his hat.

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

Yeah Pascal is gonna get brain-damaged I feel :?
Oh well, I'm sure he's getting paid handsomely for it.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Wow! :shock:

That 5th and final round!! Woooooooowww best round EVER in UFC history. :mrgreen:

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

I went to a party and missed the fight :cry:
I need to find the highlights of it. One of the few fights i'll ever miss too :(
Juan Miguel

Post by Juan Miguel »

Yes, i'm a boxing fan! I used to go and watch Ricky Hatton back in the day before he was a superstar. The first fight I went to was Hatton vs Eamonn Magee at the Manchester Arena. It was the first time Hatton was floored as a professional. I've seen him 7 times in total including the Tszyu fight (where I met Amir Khan), the Castillo fight in Vegas and his big fight at Manchester City's stadium against Juan Lazcano. That was the last fight I went to a fight but I still follow it on TV. I've also seen Joe Calzaghe twice, although they weren't any of his big defining fights (Miguel Jimenez & Tocker Pudwill).
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Not sure about Xcfastdude but for me, I'm not a big UFC or Boxing fan and just go with local boxers being on fights like Jean Pascal which is about to fight Kovalev.

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

Merlin wrote:Not sure about Xcfastdude but for me, I'm not a big UFC or Boxing fan and just go with local boxers being on fights like Jean Pascal which is about to fight Kovalev.

Merlin
Wassup Juan Miguel 8-)
Yeah I'm a big boxing fan and somewhat UFC fan (Merlin usually keeps me updated on interesting fights coming up)
Funny enough, but Pascal is from the city Merlin is from, and Kovalev is training out here in Oxnard where I live at, and they're
gonna fight each other in a week or so :lol:

Are you from England? Pretty cool that you followed Hatton closely.
There's a ton of pro fighters that either live or train here. Notably Marcos Maidana, Brandon Rios, Sergey Kovalev, and Mikey Garcia.
I know Sergio Martinez and Antonio Margarito have also had training camps here in the past.

I've never seen a fight live in Vegas but I would love to go someday. I've heard it's an incredible experience. :SupNap:
Juan Miguel

Post by Juan Miguel »

Hey Xcfastdude!

I'm familiar with Oxnard, I remember another fighter from there, Fernando Vargas. He wasn't bad either! Also that's where Robert Garcia's gym is as you know.

Yeah, I live not too far from Manchester. I used to go to Hatton's weigh-ins when they where at the Trafford Centre which was cool because you'd meet other people from the boxing game such as commentators, promoters and trainers. I met Joe Calzaghe's dad Enzo there who was a really cool guy, he made time to talk to me and my friends.

You should definitely go to a big fight in Vegas someday, it's amazing! If Golovkin and Canelo ever get it on, that would be the one to go to!