Any UFC and Boxing fans here?

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
Merlin
Site Admin

Re: Any UFC and Boxing fans here?

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:Alright my final prediction is Golovkin in 7 by TKO.
I think GGG will be a little more cautious than we think he will once he feels Lemieux's power. He won't be able to afford taking as many risks
against a good puncher like that. But I think he'll end up catching him in the 7th round and put him away. I think Lemieux will knock down GGG once though sometime in the 2nd or 3rd round but GGG will bounce back.

Anyhow, I'm ready for the Big Drama Show :lol: :SupNap:
As for me, I stopped questioning and will just watch the fight. Whatever happens, happens. ;)

Merlin
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Congrats to Golovkin for blocking pretty much everything that David threw at him. GGG was barely untouched.

I however not agree with the referee's choice of stopping the fight. David was bleeding from the nose but I've seen A LOT worse and they didn't stop it.

GGG would have probably won it in the end but at least give David all the rounds that he can fight in. I would say the same if GGG would have lost this way. Unless a boxer lost an eye, a leg and ear, I believe we should let the boxers fight until the end.

Just my 2 cents.

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

I re-watched the fight and yeah I still don't agree with the stoppage as well. It was too early, but on the flipside Lemieux was very fortunate that he stopped it that early. If the fight wouldn't have gotten stopped, he likely would have been brutally knocked out. So the ref really saved his health with that stoppage. Sucks for us bloodthirsty fans though. :lol:

I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't more action, but at the same time I was impressed with GGG's boxing ability. He showed he's a complete fighter and not just some slugger. Lemieux had NO answer for that left jab. And that left hook to the body was a thing of beauty.

I don't know if you remember, but when Lemieux was knocked down in the 5th round by that body shot, GGG hit him when he was already down on one knee. If Lemieux would have been slick, he could've acted like that punch hurt him and gotten GGG disqualified. Hitting a boxer when he's already down is a big no-no. He would have given GGG his first loss, and he would have gotten a rematch with him and another big payday. Surprised the ref didn't at least take a point away.

It would have been a cheap way to win of course, but after all boxing is a business. ;)
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Yup, I agree, GGG taught Lemieux a few boxing lessons that day.

As for the fight, I was a bit disappointed because nothing really happened besides that jab that got David's nose to bleed and even then, his nose wasn't broken like the referee thought so which is usually a good reason to stop the fight because a broken nose bone can get into the brain with a good punch but it was not the case here.

I was looking for "the big one" that never came from either side except that punch when David was one knee down. Other than that, it was mostly good punches by GGG but blocked by David and GGG also taught David how to avoid punches because very few from David hit the mark.

So yeah, disappointed for David to lose it even though it was expected but mostly disappointed for that "fight of the decade" they were promising us before the fight. :roll:

After Pac-Man and Maywheather's lousy fight I guess we better get used to these boring fights. I have never been a big boxing fan but I am less and less excited about this sport. It's usually very disappointing in the end.

Lemieux's fight with N'dam got me excited again but both him and GGG disappointed me this week-end. Maybe I want that big KO too much but it never comes. :(

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

Well we all wanted that big KO. That's how they were promoting this fight, as being a "street fight". I mean GGG did exactly what he was supposed to do against a huge puncher. He showed great boxing skill, but it's not nearly as much fun to watch as big knockdowns and whatnot.

I lurk a boxing forum and I know a lot of people were greatly disappointed. The next big fight between Cotto and Canelo on November 21st is gonna be similar in action I think. Nobody wants to take unnecessary risks anymore I guess. :?
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Let's see if Rhonda can finish this in 14 seconds this time. :lol:

Merlin
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Holy shit are you watching this?? :o

Rousey has been KOed!!!

Lights out baby. :twisted:

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

Merlin wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:

Holy shit are you watching this?? :o

Rousey has been KOed!!!

Lights out baby. :twisted:

Merlin
FINALLY!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I really can't stand that chick :lol:
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

That kick on her neck was devastating. Completely devastating I tell you.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:That kick on her neck was devastating. Completely devastating I tell you.
Yeah interesting how you can KO a person that way. I thought it was the twist of the spine but a kick on the side of the neck can do that too I guess.

Anyway besides the kick, Holm fought very good.

Good for her.

Can't wait for the rematch. :twisted:

Merlin