Are you a genius?

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
MonsterLord

Re: Are you a genius?

Post by MonsterLord »

The guy is right, it HAS to be numer 3 Merlin, he is correct.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

MonsterLord wrote:The guy is right, it HAS to be numer 3 Merlin, he is correct.
Why do you think he's right? What's the logic behind it?

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

The lollipop thingie switches diagonally in each picture from bottom left to top right. So in the sixth picture it has to go on the top right since the fifth one is already in the bottom left, thus eliminating option 1 and 4.

The lines on the 2nd and 4th pictures on the top increased by 2, with the 2nd picture having two lines, and the 4th with 4. The bottom lines decreased by 2 in the same fashion. Therefore the 6th picture must have 6 lines on top and none on the bottom since the 4th picture only had 2 and it has to decrease by two to stay consistent.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:The lollipop thingie switches diagonally in each picture from bottom left to top right. So in the sixth picture it has to go on the top right since the fifth one is already in the bottom left, thus eliminating option 1 and 4.

The lines on the 2nd and 4th pictures on the top increased by 2, with the 2nd picture having two lines, and the 4th with 4. The bottom lines decreased by 2 in the same fashion. Therefore the 6th picture must have 6 lines on top and none on the bottom since the 4th picture only had 2 and it has to decrease by two to stay consistent.
:lol: :lol: We share the same brain :lol: :lol: I was about to call it the lollipop too. :lol: :lol: too funny.

I saw your possibility too but didn't like the fact that we left 3 images aside to come up with that answer so by watching it more, I found a better one.

Watch again the lollipop but this time, count how many bars it has on its right side.

On the 1st image, it has 1 bar on the right, on the 2nd image, the lollipop is on top but has 2 bars on its right side, then 3 on the 3rd, 4 bars on the 4th then finally 5 bars on the 5th image.

So logically, the lollipop will continue its motion from top to bottom so in the 6th image it will go from bottom to the the top and from 5 to 6 bars on its right which is Answer #3.

Everyone sees that?

Merlin
MonsterLord

Post by MonsterLord »

Merlin wrote:
xcfastdude wrote:The lollipop thingie switches diagonally in each picture from bottom left to top right. So in the sixth picture it has to go on the top right since the fifth one is already in the bottom left, thus eliminating option 1 and 4.

:lol: :lol: We share the same brain :lol: :lol: I was about to call it the lollipop too. :lol: :lol: too funny.

I saw your possibility too but didn't like the fact that we left 3 images aside to come up with that answer so by watching it more, I found a better one.

Watch again the lollipop but this time, count how many bars it has on its right side.

On the 1st image, it has 1 bar on the right, on the 2nd image, the lollipop is on top but has 2 bars on its right side, then 3 on the 3rd, 4 bars on the 4th then finally 5 bars on the 5th image.

So logically, the lollipop will continue its motion from top to bottom so in the 6th image it will go from bottom to the the top and from 5 to 6 bars on its right which is Answer #3.

Everyone sees that?

Merlin
Yup, basically the way my brain told me it is 3, is "add one, substract one".
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

MonsterLord wrote:Yup, basically the way my brain told me it is 3, is "add one, substract one".
Yeah that worked too.

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

That's even easier! I totally see it. Basically, you follow the lollipop, but on every other picture it's rotated (180 degrees I believe? Trying to tap into what I learned in college algebra :lol:) so that it's on the top right and the bars to its right relative to its location increase by one.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

How about this one...

3, 9, 4, 16, E, __ ?

This one is easy. ;)

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

I say it's 25