Star Wars

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
Merlin
Site Admin

Star Wars

Post by Merlin »

Ok it's been a looooooooong time that I haven't been that excited by an upcoming movie. This one takes the cake.

That's the beauty of being in your 40s because you are the only one who really "get it" when we say the words "Star Wars" because the kiddos today only see the last 3 movies which TOTALLY SUCKS BTW and they look at you saying "pfff so that's what you freaked so much about" and that's because they haven't felt 1/1 000 000 of what we felt in the early 80s when the first 3 episodes came out.

Hopefully this new one will be half of the first 3 so that everyone come out of the theater with their hair on fire. Maybe then they will get it. :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs[/youtube]

Merlin
Merlin
Site Admin

Re: Star Wars

Post by Merlin »

Well at least Matthew Mcconaughey is getting it. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYHdQUyOunA[/youtube]

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

I have never seen a Star Wars movie :? :roll: :lol:
Idk why but I just haven't
And Jar Jar Binks freaks me out for some reason :evil:
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:I have never seen a Star Wars movie :? :roll: :lol:
Oh My. :shock: :shock:

So YOU are that guy huh? ;) The only human who haven't seen it. Even kids in Africa that can get enough to eat have seen them.

I would recommend watching the old episode first (4, 5 and 6) and then the new ones 1,2 and 3 after. if you don't fall in love with Episode 4 the very 1st Star Wars on screen, then I don't know what to tell you. You will be missing something in this world.

This trailer is for episode 0 :shock: or a prequel of Episode 1 when .

When a trailer gets 36,691,171 views after 3 days weeellllllllll I think people are waiting to see it. I think. :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

So wait, the older Star Wars movies take place after the newer ones?
And this new movie takes place before everything?
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:So wait, the older Star Wars movies take place after the newer ones?
And this new movie takes place before everything?
Yeah they fucked it up big time but that's because they didn't have the budget or good enough special effects back in 1997 to do the movie they did in 1999 (Episode 1) so they did episode 4 (yeah go figure).

Episode 7 (or 0 if you prefer because it's happening before Episode 1 time) was not planned but due to popular demand, they decided to go with a prequel and that is why they call it "The Force Awakens".

Anyway, whether you go with 1 through 6 in order or like I saw them in the movies 4-5-6 in the 80s and then 1-2-3 in the 2000s you HAVE to download those and watch them. It was like not watching The Matrix. :?

Go and watch them now now now now. :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If you go with Episode 4 (1977), chances are you will be hooked within the first 10 seconds (and I'm not joking).

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

Yeah I gotta admit, I've always been curious about these movies. I mean the fanbase they have is NO joke. One of the doctors at a clinic I worked at would come dressed as a jedi for Halloween and would have an expensive lightsaber and everything. He was always in disbelief when I would tell him that I've never seen one of those movies.
I wish I had the money George Lucas has though. When I went on a tour of USC that told us that he donated idk how many millions to the school. Must be nice to have that kind of money to throw around :roll:
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:I mean the fanbase they have is NO joke. One of the doctors at a clinic I worked at would come dressed as a jedi for Halloween and would have an expensive lightsaber and everything.
Yeaaah weelllllll, I never totally quite like that part. :?

In fact I hate it. They look like a bunch of idiot nerds who don't have a life and ridicule the whole Star Wars phenomenon but that's just me (you should see the Stark Trek fan base :? :roll: ). It's not the end of the world, it's just a good set of movies like The Matrix or Lord of the ring.

They will not change your life (or your finances :lol: ) but they will entertain you for sure.

Merlin
MonsterLord

Post by MonsterLord »

This trailer!

Is delicious!
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

MonsterLord wrote:This trailer!

Is delicious!
Hollywood has today the capacity to take this franchise and bring it the level that it deserves to be. The BIG BANG they had in 1977 will never occur again because yes the movie was great but it was THAT GREAT because back then there was NOTHING that good.

Today any space movie looks better than Star Wars (ok well maybe not all but many) that's because there were tons of space movies done since Star Wars but back then it was mostly westerns and movies like Jaws which was good but without any serious special effects. They basically invented those back then (you also need to see in a HUGE movie screen to fully get those first few seconds otherwise bah, nothing to it).

So when people back in 1977 saw the first 10 seconds of the movie (I won't give any spoilers since XC didn't see it yet) people's jaw dropped thinking WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT BIG SHIP???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: OOOOHHHH I think I'm watching movie history here right now.

Today, even if XC didn't see it, he will find it nice but not have 1/100th of the rush they had back then because again they never something that crazy...huh???? :shock: space ships??? space!!!??? :shock:

Merlin