The Official Soccer (Football) Thread

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
xcfastdude

The Official Soccer (Football) Thread

Post by xcfastdude »

So guess what guys? This is the first thread I've ever started :SupNap:
What I think is one of the coolest things about this message forum is how international it is. We all come from different parts of the world.
One thing we all have in common is the love of football. Here in the United States the sport has grown tremendously even though the national
team is still not on the level of the elite European and South American squads. Add to that the growing immigrant population which supports both their
home country and the U.S.

So anyways, feel free to post anything about football in this thread. Whether you know nothing about the sport, or are as passionate about it as I am.
xcfastdude

Re: The Official Soccer (Football) Thread

Post by xcfastdude »

I'll start off. I'm reading reports that the World Cup in 2010 was actually won by Morocco, NOT South Africa. Both countries offered bribes to try to win the vote. I guess one of the guys that Morocco paid to vote for them double-crossed them and that ended up killing their chances of winning.
The corruption in FIFA is definitely a problem but one that I hope continues to get better now that Sepp Blatter and friends are getting investigated
neil61

Post by neil61 »

Of course the United Kingdom should have been selected to host the world cup, though I'm not a big football fan :) maybe we didn't offer a big enough bribe :lol:
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

neil61 wrote:Of course the United Kingdom should have been selected to host the world cup, though I'm not a big football fan :) maybe we didn't offer a big enough bribe :lol:
Canada is presently hosting the Women FIFA World Cup but... we don't give a shit. :lol:

Heck our own Montreal team went in the CONCACAF (North, Central and South American countries) Finals last month against Mexico but all we talked about here last month was the Hockey Playoffs. :lol:

So yeah count me out of this thread alright. ;) It's aaaaallllllll yours. :lol: :lol:

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

neil61 wrote:Of course the United Kingdom should have been selected to host the world cup, though I'm not a big football fan :) maybe we didn't offer a big enough bribe :lol:
I really do think this was the case actually :lol:
They are investigating the 2018 and 2022 voting process, and it's possible that Russia and Qatar will get stripped of the World Cup.
I don't mind Russia hosting in 2018, but Qatar needs to go. They're using slavery to build the stadiums and hell they aren't even hosting it during the summer
months because it's way too damn hot. The United States should have won the 2022 bid, and I'm still hopeful that they will end up getting it when all is said and done.

I think best case scenario, the UK gets 2018 (though I don't mind Russia) and the United States gets 2022.
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

Merlin wrote:
Canada is presently hosting the Women FIFA World Cup but... we don't give a shit. :lol:

Heck our own Montreal team went in the CONCACAF (North, Central and South American countries) Finals last month against Mexico but all we talked about here last month was the Hockey Playoffs. :lol:

So yeah count me out of this thread alright. ;) It's aaaaallllllll yours. :lol: :lol:

Merlin
Honestly, my city is EXTREMELY soccer crazy, but no one gives a shit about the Women's World Cup. Some of the guys might check out the U.S. women's team because Alex Morgan is cute but that's about it. The men prefer watching the men play because the quality of play is leaps and bounds better, and the women prefer watching the men play because they think they are hot.

Actually Merlin I watched that game and I was very surprised at the turnout. The Montreal fans were very into it. It was the Montreal Impact vs Club America from Mexico (yeah I know, I know, why the hell are they called America :lol: ). But yeah I think the sport is just not ingrained into your guy's culture the way it is basically everywhere else. Much like outside of the U.S. no one really cares for the NFL.
wireman

Post by wireman »

Hockey Playoffs. :lol:
Merlin Sports fans, Ey--Hey!!

I was hacked not bitchin, my own fault, how could I be mad Hawks won Cup.. one helluva week, tomorrow be in Bears stadium , Park venue flooded.. Citywide celebrations. Just knowing they would win helped.. :D

Chicago Fire ,oh well. Nuff said. Back online just today. XC hey dude.; lost all my info, take me some time to find .it

wireman Cheerz folkz !! Midas touch has drawbacks.. :SupNap:
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

Hey Wire nice to see you back here :SupNap:
The hockey thread was deleted but congrats on the Hawks winning the Stanley Cup 8-) 8-)
Was just telling Merlin that last year my team won it, this year yours won it so next year it has to be Montreal's turn :mrgreen:
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:...so next year it has to be Montreal's turn :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: hey you never know. :mrgreen:

Congrats for your Cup Wire. :SupNap:

Merlin
wireman

Post by wireman »

XC, Thanx,

Bought my Hawks apparel back last year. Glad I did..Yeah allright, Canada needs a Cup win. .Fire team needs a new field to play in..Burb spot, and forever to exit after a game. Scored some box seats from Son-In-Law ,one of his suppliers,
out of town. Drunken fun night.! Fire lost. Oh well. :D

wire Cheerz :SupNap: