save option?!

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
Dreamkist

save option?!

Post by Dreamkist »

I just wasted a HUGE, GINORMOUS amount of my time writing a Topic only to have it somehow disappear when i went to post it. I'm super frustrated. Is there a way to add an auto Save feature so it automatically saves our posts and updates the saved copy every like 5 seconds in our profiles while we're writing. Save draft didn't work and neither did preview.... or this wouldn't be so irritating, lol.
Merlin
Site Admin

Re: save option?!

Post by Merlin »

Dreamkist wrote:I just wasted a HUGE, GINORMOUS amount of my time writing a Topic only to have it somehow disappear when i went to post it. I'm super frustrated. Is there a way to add an auto Save feature so it automatically saves our posts and updates the saved copy every like 5 seconds in our profiles while we're writing. Save draft didn't work and neither did preview.... or this wouldn't be so irritating, lol.
Hi Dreamkist nice to see you again :D

Sorry, no such option on this forum. :( And trust me, if there is one person who knows how you feel, it's me alright. :roll: I don't know how many times I wrote long post only to see them go away because I touched keys (still don't know which one I touched :? ) on my keyboard that made me either refresh or close the window or else which made me lose my long post.

The save draft option works because I now use it when I know that I will write long posts. I even use another text editing software like notepad or MS Word to copy and paste my text there too in case my browser fucks up. You should do the same.

So what's up, what was that long post about?

Merlin
neil61

Post by neil61 »

Had this happen to me too. I think it was one of my longer posts last week. I had logged in and after typing the post pressed submit only to be told I was not logged in. This happen twice with the same post and after typing it in for the third time I highlighted the text and copied it just in case. copying and pasting is a bit harder to do on mobile which is what I use sometimes when posting. Even thought I might be moving to a different reality where the post didn't exist :shock:
justz

Post by justz »

neil61 wrote:Had this happen to me too. I think it was one of my longer posts last week. I had logged in and after typing the post pressed submit only to be told I was not logged in. This happen twice with the same post and after typing it in for the third time I highlighted the text and copied it just in case. copying and pasting is a bit harder to do on mobile which is what I use sometimes when posting. Even thought I might be moving to a different reality where the post didn't exist :shock:

Yeah I go with moving to another reallity! :lol: :lol: :lol:
neil61

Post by neil61 »

justz wrote:
neil61 wrote:Had this happen to me too. I think it was one of my longer posts last week. I had logged in and after typing the post pressed submit only to be told I was not logged in. This happen twice with the same post and after typing it in for the third time I highlighted the text and copied it just in case. copying and pasting is a bit harder to do on mobile which is what I use sometimes when posting. Even thought I might be moving to a different reality where the post didn't exist :shock:

Yeah I go with moving to another reallity! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah I go with the reality shift too. Now if only I can shift to the reality where I have a million pounds in my bank account :lol:
Dreamkist

Post by Dreamkist »

Yeah i think copy and paste would be the best route.

well after I lost it all i rewrote some bullet points to narrow it down lol. My musing have probably already been talked about but, either way, will post it in the main forum? lol.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Dreamkist wrote:Yeah i think copy and paste would be the best route.

well after I lost it all i rewrote some bullet points to narrow it down lol. My musing have probably already been talked about but, either way, will post it in the main forum? lol.
bullet points?? :shock:

Ok... :lol:

So we're getting serious here. :geek:

Is it about NAPs and the LOA or something else?

Merlin