Back to the basics...

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
Merlin
Site Admin

Back to the basics...

Post by Merlin »

Just when i'm about to close a big chapter in my 20+ years of research on this Subconscious Mind with this Lottery test, I decided to go back to the basics once more just to see if I didn't miss anything important.

So last week on amazon.com, I ordered not only a book that I have been waiting for a while called "The Physics of Miracles" by Richard Bartlett, which will help me complete my Health research section but also 2 books on the Subconscious Mind.

The first one is the classic "The Power of Your Subconscious Mind" by Dr. Joseph Murphy. I borrowed it from my mom back in 1992 and it was falling to pieces back then since she had it for many years before. The second book is "You Can Work Your Own Miracles" by Napoleon Hill which was the latest one he wrote (he died in 1970 and it printed in 1971) where he seems to talk about the SM's doorman that I called the "Line oF Beliefs" in my SM's research. He also talk about using some kind of audio device to implant a new belief or desire into our SM during our sleep by bypassing the Conscious Mind and that doorman.

So I will read those and tell you soon if I found something worth talking about that could help us with our NAPs.

Cheers,

Merlin
banti

Re: Back to the basics...

Post by banti »

:D Thanks Merlin, I will carry on w/my experiment using the nap. Let us know what your reading divulges.
Willem888

Post by Willem888 »

Merlin,

Excellent choice! I have read both books very recently and am curious of your findings.

Let's share our idea's!

Willem888
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Willem888 wrote:Merlin,

Excellent choice! I have read both books very recently and am curious of your findings.

Let's share our idea's!

Willem888
Do you remember in which chapter he talks about the phonograph?

Merlin
Willem888

Post by Willem888 »

Page ~132 The limitless Power of the Mind,

It's a great book and he explains some more about thoughts and the SM throughout the book.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Willem888 wrote:Page ~132 The limitless Power of the Mind,

It's a great book and he explains some more about thoughts and the SM throughout the book.
Alright thanks, I will check it out.

Merlin
Willem888

Post by Willem888 »

It's good to study, the SM picks and records your reading as well. Beware, because once you start reading books on the SM..... You won't stop... I am now on a reading/studying spree.... It's like my mind wants to eat them all. :D

(cookiemonster aka bookmonster in my head, lol)
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Willem888 wrote:It's good to study, the SM picks and records your reading as well. Beware, because once you start reading books on the SM..... You won't stop... I am now on a reading/studying spree.... It's like my mind wants to eat them all. :D

(cookiemonster aka bookmonster in my head, lol)
This is funny because I don't feel like this. In fact i'm quite disappointed with that last book of Napoleon Hill so far. Ok i'm just only at half of it but wtf??? The importance of PAIN? Unseen Guides??? The importance of...CHANGE in our lives???

And that quote you posted on the board regarding the guard, it's on the last page of the Chapter IV (page 50) and he doesn't comment it, It stops and he moves on to another chapter :roll:

Anyway, hopefully the 2nd half will be more juicy but for now, I would have missed that 1st half and I would have been ok with me.

It's funny to read it knowing the power of NAPs because words like Beliefs, Faith doesn't depress me like they did back then because I knew they were HUGE blocks for me.

Merlin
Willem888

Post by Willem888 »

Merlin,

I think it is a great book, the 2nd half is even better.

Willem888
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Willem888 wrote:Merlin,

I think it is a great book, the 2nd half is even better.

Willem888
Yeah I hope. It's not that Pain, Unseen Guides or Changes are not important to us to grow but... half a book on this??? I don't get it.

Anyway, I don't get mad when I don't learn anything new because it's telling me that I have learned enough in the past years of research and this is a good thing in itself.

Merlin