New to all this stuff

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
NewAgeNewbie1Kenobi

New to all this stuff

Post by NewAgeNewbie1Kenobi »

Hi, name is Jason. Kinda new to a lot of this stuff. Looking for some information on how to better myself spiritually. Does anyone have some good information? :SupNap:
Merlin
Site Admin

Re: New to all this stuff

Post by Merlin »

NewAgeNewbie1Kenobi wrote:Hi, name is Jason. Kinda new to a lot of this stuff. Looking for some information on how to better myself spiritually. Does anyone have some good information? :SupNap:
Hi Jason and welcome to our board.

Not sure if this is the right board for you because here we talk about the Law of Attraction and how to attract our goals.

You can take a look at the Bashar forum. It's a guy who supposedly channel an alien entity named Bashar but whether this is true or not, he has some very cool videos some spiritual some not.

http://www.merlinworld.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Merlin
NewAgeNewbie1Kenobi

Hmm. Why do we need an alien to speak through another man for us?
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

NewAgeNewbie1Kenobi wrote:Hmm. Why do we need an alien to speak through another man for us?
Any entities will do to be honest as long as they are not humans because we are cut from everything down here (God, spirit guides, higher mind, etc).

Merlin
tashi2.0

Post by tashi2.0 »

welcome NewAgeNewbie1Kenobi see spirituality is a big word as such comprises of many things. what specific you want of spirituality.
what i suggest if you are in search of spirituality is internal peace.best thing for starting is you first read "THE POWER OF NOW" by echart tolle . if you are not having the book tell me. i will send it to you.plus do tell me what do want out of spirituality. what you are searching,and if i am also in the same quest i might be able to help.
tashi
NewAgeNewbie1Kenobi

Merlin wrote:
NewAgeNewbie1Kenobi wrote:Hmm. Why do we need an alien to speak through another man for us?
Any entities will do to be honest as long as they are not humans because we are cut from everything down here (God, spirit guides, higher mind, etc).

Merlin

If we are cut off from God, doesn't that mean we shouldn't even be existing because all is within God. And how come everyone else is cut off except Bashar? Why does God need only him to speak using aliens? I thought God talks to us through our heart..
NewAgeNewbie1Kenobi

tashi2.0 wrote:welcome NewAgeNewbie1Kenobi see spirituality is a big word as such comprises of many things. what specific you want of spirituality.
what i suggest if you are in search of spirituality is internal peace.best thing for starting is you first read "THE POWER OF NOW" by echart tolle . if you are not having the book tell me. i will send it to you.plus do tell me what do want out of spirituality. what you are searching,and if i am also in the same quest i might be able to help.
tashi
I've read a little bit of that book. Really contradictory though. Doesn't make sense at all. On page 98 of The Power of Now he says "There is nothing you need to understand before you become present." Then why does he have so many books? All he is pretty much telling people is to not think; don't use your mind. My mind has helped me solve my problems in my life. To not to use your mind makes you kinda like a zombie.. They don't think right? And something else I never understood was that if we are only living in "the now" then what about the future. For every action there is a reaction.. And if you're not thinking about the reaction of what you are doing in "the now", you can cause serious harm out of ignorance... And it's reflection on our mistakes in the past that helps us be a better person.

This all makes sense right? I'm not crazy?
alexburke

Post by alexburke »

NewAgeNewbie1Kenobi wrote:
tashi2.0 wrote:welcome NewAgeNewbie1Kenobi see spirituality is a big word as such comprises of many things. what specific you want of spirituality.
tashi
I've read a little bit of that book. Really contradictory though. Doesn't make sense at all. On page 98 of The Power of Now he says "There is nothing you need to understand before you become present." Then why does he have so many books? All he is pretty much telling people is to not think; don't use your mind. My mind has helped me solve my problems in my life. To not to use your mind makes you kinda like a zombie.. They don't think right? And something else I never understood was that if we are only living in "the now" then what about the future. For every action there is a reaction.. And if you're not thinking about the reaction of what you are doing in "the now", you can cause serious harm out of ignorance... And it's reflection on our mistakes in the past that helps us be a better person.

Here's my 2 cents, I haven't read the book but I've done some research into the concept and practice it myself.
The now moment can be filled with thoughts about the past or future. so in order to live in the now you need to
give up thinking about the past by moving on or just realizing the past should have no power over the present moment.
Then you need to come to grasp with the future so it doesn't cause anxiety. Which it does for most.
The secret law of attraction helped me see the future is better created then predicted with a false expectation.

I have a very deep spiritual view of reality. This now moment is moving into possible futures.
If your clouding your mind about the past then your 1. missing out on the now moment which can be as fun as u make it 2. complaining and bringing other people down with some boring story (please don't be one of these people). 3. Your wasting your time. There's no where further then then the past.. No where on earth is close to the past.

The future is being moved into every second right now. That's a fair enough reason for me to believe in its existence and realize how its going to effect me.. I know because I've seen the spiritual law of attraction work and still continues to create my ever expanding NOW moment..

You confused the Now moment with living like there's no tomorrow. The now moment is expanding into the future. The future isn't coming into the Now moment and ending and creating a new moment called the future. lol.

I have to tell you the most unproductive thing someone can do is think to much about the future or dream of the past.
Best the Present Now moment has so much to offer to the future.

If anything "Thinking" helps me stay focused in the now moment. I just focus on something like an affirmation in my mind like
"Laughter and Happyness" (over and over again until my mind expands on the perspective to better my focus in the now moment.
Current NAP: Success of affirmations while awake.
NewAgeNewbie1Kenobi

alexburke wrote:
tashi

Here's my 2 cents, I haven't read the book but I've done some research into the concept and practice it myself.
The now moment can be filled with thoughts about the past or future. so in order to live in the now you need to
give up thinking about the past by moving on or just realizing the past should have no power over the present moment.
Then you need to come to grasp with the future so it doesn't cause anxiety. Which it does for most.
The secret law of attraction helped me see the future is better created then predicted with a false expectation.

I have a very deep spiritual view of reality. This now moment is moving into possible futures.
If your clouding your mind about the past then your 1. missing out on the now moment which can be as fun as u make it 2. complaining and bringing other people down with some boring story (please don't be one of these people). 3. Your wasting your time. There's no where further then then the past.. No where on earth is close to the past.

The future is being moved into every second right now. That's a fair enough reason for me to believe in its existence and realize how its going to effect me.. I know because I've seen the spiritual law of attraction work and still continues to create my ever expanding NOW moment..

You confused the Now moment with living like there's no tomorrow. The now moment is expanding into the future. The future isn't coming into the Now moment and ending and creating a new moment called the future. lol.

I have to tell you the most unproductive thing someone can do is think to much about the future or dream of the past.

If anything "Thinking" helps me stay focused in the now moment. I just focus on something like an affirmation in my mind like
"Laughter and Happyness" (over and over again until my mind expands on the perspective to better my focus in the now moment.

Let's say I live in an area that is devastated by a natural disaster. Like in the northeast now with no power, no food, no water. I can have as much fun as I want, just like the jersey shore crew (GO Snooky!) , but GOD decided to send a natural disaster in the area i lived. It is easy to be in the 'now' when you are in a comfortable place, with the basic needs of physical life. If I am a victim of Mother nature, am I creating that possible future? Is it me IGNORING the possibility that something bad 'may' happen which is creating the problem, by only looking at life with rose colored glasses? If I have a hard time focusing on the affirmation of 'happiness' in the now because I feel the pain of hunger, is that NOT being in the correct mind set of 'not thinking'? And if so how does 'not thinking' change the physical reality that I will be hungry and die if i do not eat? This is not to be a 'downer' but I am asking real questions that pertain to the real world. I do not understand the concept of only seeing life with 'happines' in the now while ignoring the past instead of learning from it, and how it makes me more spiritual. I can live in my own happy world, but that does nothing to help others, only shows my apathy and lack of concern for my fellow man. How is that spiritual? What kind of spirituality is that?
tashi2.0

Post by tashi2.0 »

alexburke wrote:
tashi

i do agree with alex to some extent.
here is my 2cent
see buddy first of don't try to understand this concept using your mind.second that don't just think that you gonna get this within a fraction of second .it takes time. its always a journey not a destination.
next you are not just shutting off your brain and becoming zombie.on the contrary if you are fully in now you will be able to use your mental faculty much more as compared to you in the present state.
just understand this with this example.
consider mind as donkey and we are human,for thousands of years our mind has dominated over us its just like we are carrying the donkey on our shoulder. but we should be the person riding the donkey not the other way round.
i wont go on talking more about this because our mind will never understand this. its not a concept which can be grasped by our mind its a state which can only be experienced.
you will understand my point only when if you get a little bit glimpse of now.
how you gonna do that??
there will be small exercises in the book power of now. just try all of them. definitely one will hit you. when you feel something or a glimpse of now let me know . but you have to give a try just sitting around talking about spirituality wont help. you gotta experience this thing first hand.
and if are not interested in trying out the exercises . just wait for few years. world consciousness is increasing now.a lot of people are getting spiritually enlightened now. automatically you gonna get what i am talking with time once a critical level of world consciousness is reached
tashi