Leisure interests

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
Dave_UK

Leisure interests

Post by Dave_UK »

I'm curious as to what you like to enjoy doing in your spare time. Don't worry if it is mundane or wouldn't be of interest to anybody else.

I'll start off. I'm a classic car enthusiast and until recently (when I bought my modern car) I used my classic cars daily. This coincided with the onset of the cold weather and a house move. The previous place had a long driveway and a large single garage but the current house has a partially sheltered off-road parking space large enough for 2 cars. This has dampened my enthusiasm a little at the moment. I do most of my own repairs, I'm a member of a club, I attend a couple of club meetings & I'm on a few classic car forums (that's the reason I'm familiar with the way forums work). I also enjoy motoring TV programmes (I'd like to be a presenter) but since we got rid of Sky (satellite TV) I have to get my fix on YouTube.

So what's your hobby?
Serris

Re: Leisure interests

Post by Serris »

Hey Dave_UK! Nice thread you created! :)

A classic car enthusiast, eh? :P Nice :)

Usually I'm interested in stuffs such as Pendulums and Tarot Cards.

Am practicing with my Pendulums daily to improve, but I think Merlin say something about a limiting belief that prevent dowers from getting 100 percent answers always? Not sure.

Also am learning the Tarot Cards in my spare time because they're interesting, a picture tells a thousand words, and I think 78 cards tells a lots of words? Lol :P

Am also learning how to learn the programming language python, only problem is it get complicated sometimes and such.

I also played the Guitars and the Ocarinas, Got to play my guitar more though! Got a playing exam coming up next wee! X)!
alexburke

Post by alexburke »

Me.. I'm pretty obsessed with all things occult, spiritual, and psychic..

I'm a little crazy.. But whos normal anyways? what is normal?

I'm an absolute perfectionist Along with optimist.

Tarot cards are cool same with dowsing but my Random Event Generator(google it) Is cooler :) it doesn't require any information being filtered out by my mind/body.

I like music like TOOL For chilling out. ZEN Music for meditation(Meditation 1-2 times a day usually), Drum and Base for partying/socializing, And subliminal ocean waves for any occasion.

I am TV Free (made this decision years ago, I was done being a brainwashed zombie).
Caffeine is awesome.
Current NAP: Success of affirmations while awake.
Serris

Post by Serris »

Random event Generator! O.O Cool! :P
Dave_UK

Post by Dave_UK »

I'm not really a telly addict (some of the adverts are better than the rubbish that passes for telly). The Sky subscription was costing £80 a month and we weren't getting the full use of it so it went. There's free satellite channels and free digital TV (Freeview in the UK) via the tv aerial so it was a no-brainer. Among my favourite programmes are Wheeler Dealers, American Chopper, Wrecks to Riches, Chop Shop & Wreck Rescue.

Getting back to my classic cars, I have two of them. I had four but because of the recent house move I had to cut down my fleet so I kept the two that were road legal.
The one on the left is a 1972 Triumph Dolomite and the one of the right is a 1983 Triumph Acclaim HLS. I won't bore you with all the details. Until recently the Acclaim was my daily driver and it was taking it's toll on the car so I now have a modern car for daily use. Classic car insurance is cheap (£700 for my modern against £250 for both my classics on a multi-car policy). I'm a member of the Triumph Dolomite Club and I used to be a member of Club Triumph. I'm a regular contributor on both club's forums. I attend my local Club Triumph and the Triumph Sports Six Club (TSSC) area meetings even though I'm not a member of either club! I buy Practical Classics magazine every month (4 weeks actually) I also participate in shows whenever I can. Last year's very wet weather in the UK saw quite a few shows cancelled and on one venue (an operational RAF base!) asbestos was discovered so I ended up going to one local show as a spectator. I hope the weather will be drier this year!
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Dave_UK wrote:So what's your hobby?
Good idea Dave. :SupNap:

It's not a hobby that I'm doing now but it my new passion these past months. It's called "PPG Fly Camping". PPG stands for Powered Paragliding which is basically a chair with a propeller in the back and attached to a parachute.

You can see a short clip here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaNvXjQfwOo[/youtube]

But THE clip that got me hooked for good was the video where Dell flies to a deserted island in the Bahamas but in this one here he returned and brought his wife with him. VERY vool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZrvL3Qi9cQ[/youtube]

Merlin
Dave_UK

Post by Dave_UK »

I'd love to do the powered paragliding thing but the "Health & Safety" Nazis we have over here would probably ban it or otherwise take the fun out of it!

I've resized the photo on my last post. I hope it is OK this time.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Dave_UK wrote:I've resized the photo on my last post. I hope it is OK this time.
Yup, I still see a little horizontal bar on the bottom but not enough to mess with the forum text.

Thanks

Merlin